1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marshall: Gay sex 'cuts your life by about 20 years'

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, May 26, 2012.

1. Dan82

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/...-gay-sex-cuts-your-life-by-about--ar-1944001/

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The ignorance of some people just astounds me. He's probably a closet fairy. :slight_smile:

3. Emberstone

the problem with the religious wing of the republican party is that it believes that freedom of religion only applies to them, and they ignorantly claim that anyone not abiding by their anti-jesus religious beliefs (jesus himself lays out in the bible that the republican party, by virtue of their behavior and agenda, are not christians) is infringing upon their religious freedoms.

religious freedom only means that in the sphere of their personal life, they can believe whatever shit they want to.

... but they are not allowed to force it upon anyone else.

so sayeth the constitution.

4. davidroberts

a doctor should be a more responsible about his comments in public. its really unfateful that somebody is saying all such rubbish in public.

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love when they cite things that these two amazing people have done to support civil rights. When it's like, really, things that have been criminal. Gosh I totally forgot interracial marriage was never illegal, or that black women didn't have to be maids and slaves because there was so much else they'd be allowed to do. Or that male black barbers could do white women's hair. Yup homosexuality has been illegal for a long part of history but segregation? Gosh that just never existed.

6. Lark

Lark Guest

I find it hilarious that these people just make up stuff. Maybe they'd be taken more seriously if their facts actually came from somewhere other than their own idiocy.

7. Aeon Magus

Probably? :grin:

8. Bree

I wonder if he knows that the term "sodomy" applies to anything other than penis-->vagina? No more blowjobs for you, honey.

9. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    20 less years hearing about him, anyhow. No loss there.

10. PlutonianShore

*facepalm*

First of all, it irks me to see how some American politicians stubbornly stick to their viewpoint without seeing the bigger picture.

For instance, I live in a country with one of the largest instances of HIV/AIDS in the world. HIV/AIDS is known to 'cut' one's 'life' by '20 years', if you're even that lucky.

Now here comes the aforementioned big picture. The bulk of our AIDS number is produced by exclusively heterosexual sexual activity. I'm pretty convinced that same-sex sexual activity contributes only two-fifths of that number, if that much. The 2 main reasons are:

1. Most rural, poor, black communities here still adhere to polygamy. It's still an acceptable part of the native African tradition and culture (our president has 6 wives). So one HIV infected man and, say, his three wives. He makes two of them pregnant and since HIV can be transfused from mother to child, the cycle repeats itself when the children reach adulthood.

2. In most cases, these people don't have access to information regarding the disease. This particular factor is of such utmost importance, that our government actually has a campaign to promote education on HIV/AIDS throughout the country. An example is the fact that some years ago, they introduced an HIV-positive muppet, Kami (who teaches about AIDS without getting explicit), to our version of Sesame Street. Since Takalani Sesame is broadcasted frequently and in all our 11 languages, there isn't a chance that Kami loses her voice.
    However, our Sesame Street is still linked to its American counterpart and thus some of your right-wing politici couldn't understand this move at all, calling it a 'ploy by homosexual activists to further their agenda to the country of Africa'. Like...WTF...???

Not that I'm saying that white people are above it all. Whereas the black population contract HIV through ignorance and ineducation, we, the white population, contract it through sheer carelessness and recklessness.

I think it all comes down to this...no matter gay or straight, a condom will definitely go a long way.

11. Emberstone

the irony is that biblically and historically speaking, Sodomy originally only refered to people who turned away from the Grace of God. it had not sexual conotation, and the story of soddom and gommorah, dispite the lies of biblically illiterate fundementalist christians, does not even mention homosexuality.

in essence, Gay people are not sodomites, and fundementalist christians are.

12. djt820

Here I am thinking "Marshall" was referring to the guitar amp company. I was about to sell my head and buy a Mesa Boogie!

13. starfish

None of the sex I have ever had required funding of any sort.

14. Emberstone

thats because you are not a hooker...

15. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :lol::thumbsup: