1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Church rejects Ontario’s gay-straight club decision

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, May 29, 2012.

1. Dan82

http://life.nationalpost.com/2012/0...cision-accuses-government-of-micromanagement/

2. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "Wah, wah, wah, we want to receive government money and still be able to propagate our bigotry."

3. Linthras

Linthras Guest

If said principle is bigotry and non-activity towards bullying then that principle should be challenged. Always and thouroughly.

4. GayJay

And my personal favorite 2the word gay is a distraction". How pathetic are these people. Ashamed to say i am catholic!

5. Bradley

The main arguments being used by the Catholics in this case are absurd, and are nothing but thinly veiled homophobia.

If they want our money, they have to play by our rules. If they want to take it to court, I have no doubt it will eventually lead to a constitutional challenge against Catholic schools in general.

6. BudderMC

I skimmed the article. To be honest, I can't even be bothered to read all of it. I'm disappointed in the Catholic Board. I suppose I am happy that "GSAs" are being allowed now, though (or at least tentatively).

Talking with my high school chaplain, I thought she was absurd for combating the whole "the media is just swinging this to make us look terrible" thing by taking the other side of the story, but both would be equally biased. But reading through this, there's actually so much media spin on the issue it's not even funny.

I was hesitant about agreeing with her before because I should be standing behind LGBT rights, right? But after seeing this... maybe she is right. Might be time for me to go talk to her again.