1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maryland gay marriage foes have signatures for referendum

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, May 30, 2012.

1. Dan82

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/29/us-usa-maryland-gaymarriage-idUSBRE84S1HA20120529

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can someone please just hit these people over the head with their own Bibles? Honestly...

3. WALK2222

This kinda crap is stupid, you know after watching this, I bet watching that movie "Prayers for Bobbie" would partially change there ideas a little bit.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *Bobby, but yes too true. But they're too pig-headed to do so.

5. Emberstone

This is one of the first time that I feel optimistic about our chances at the ballot box.

But hitting these people over the head with their bibles is a waste of time... their skulls are thick, and their hearts are cold.

it would be like hitting a boulder with a feather/ you cant get the word of God to have impact with those mouth breathing, uncle groping, knuckle dragging trogladytes.

6. WALK2222

What I posted in the comments (still waiting for approval)
    This is extremely ridiculous, can't people accept that sometimes men marry men and women marry women? calm down. Just because the bible says something about not allowed to have sex with another man doesn't mean anything. Its like saying that just because I read that I can fly in a book means that I should attempt to by jumping off a bridge. Many would argue that this statement is wrong because "The bible is the book of god" okay.... so what's the difference. Just because there are a ton of stories of a man who did lots of good (and bad) things doesn't prove anything. Honestly, your going to judge others on who they love because a book told you? Or just because you think it is "icky and gross". As said by @skruples above, there are plenty of other things in the bible that are "looked past" or "ignored". Such as killing a women for having sex before marriage. I bet more than 80% of the men and women opposing this have done that. And yet society continues to discriminate against the poor homosexual community. Its they way they are born, just because they love someone of the same sex, doesn't mean we have to start a huge, inappropriate riot. Can't people just accept one and other for who they are? Humans. We are all different, why do we have to comment and throw hate at on and other for it. I happen to be a Christian (UCC) and believe that gay marriage is wonderful and beautiful. Think about who you are throwing hate at, and who you are affecting. People like this are making the world a more hateful and hurtful place. We need to feel safe and proud of who we are, and shouldn't make hateful remarks at one and other. We ended discrimination against other races, and this feels just the same, discrimination. Discrimination against others because they are different than you. Think about that for a little bit, and realize that the world isn't your own little perfect place in your eyes. Grow up and realize that we are all different in our own ways, and that we are all beautiful in our own ways. And that we love who we love. Whether it is opposite sex or same sex, love is love and that cannot change.

7. ANightDude

It won't pass in Maryland. The chances it'll pass in favor in Washington and Maine are much higher (and are being predicted), but not so much in Maryland. Though I won't complain if it goes in our favor...