1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new poll shows 54% of americans support same-sex marriage

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Emberstone, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Emberstone

Majority of Americans support same-sex marriage: poll  - NY Daily News

The numbers in these polls continue to rise. one taken shortly after obama's support for SSM put us around 51%.

I don't know what the margin of error is for these polls, so it should be taken with a grain of salt, but if that trend continues, we will be in a good place.

I have always wanted it to see it around 58-62%, since most margins of error in scientific polls are around 3-5%.

I think it is also a reminder that true leadership is not simply being a sheep following the flock of your crowds opinion, but instead being willing to stand up for whats right, even if to do so comes with risks of going against. A leader 'leads', not follows, and Obama is one of the first presidents to do that in a while. I think his leadership on this issue really is having a positive impact for civil rights and american history.