1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where oh where are you LGBTQ group?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by NickyGurl16, Jun 6, 2012.

1. NickyGurl16

My school pisses me off because we do not have an LGBTQ group at our school. Of course i go to a catholic high school so maybe they r against those people or something. I just dont get it b/c Catholics are supposed to be accepting. Why is it that they are eager to let anyone with any religion or culture or race come to our school and not have an LGBT group here? I mean it would make my life along with other people's lives at my school so much easier including my gay best friend! :grin: one of the many reasons i hate school :slight_smile:

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Catholicism is officially a homophobic religion*, although there is a lot of dissent, and people are trying to get that changed. There are many queer-positive Catholics fighting the good fight. Although the administration might not officially recognize it, you could start an informal group that meets outside of class time.

Is the state of the law such that they must recognize an LGBT group?

*I'm talking about the Vatican, which is different than talking about Catholicism as practiced by individual Catholics, which is as varied as any other religion.

3. NickyGurl16

That's a pretty good idea i was going to maybe go the office at our school and ask for a possible LGBTQ group but that is better.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually with Bill 13 having been passed NickyGurl, you can form a GSA without the board stopping you. If they try to, you can take them to court, plain and simple. At least from my understanding of the Bill.