1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Is The State I Live In - I'm So Proud

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by TeeJay, Jun 7, 2012.

1. TeeJay

TeeJay Guest

2. Emberstone

since we put our locations, I dont think they will ban you for stating the state you live in, since it doesnt really identify you in a way that makes it easy for people to contact you.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's pretty awesome!!

(I don't think that it violates the banner. You did not post contact info or anything like that.)

4. TeeJay

TeeJay Guest

True, but you never know... I just think its so cool that a high school did this. I mean these kids really stood up for themselves. And there so against hate and accepting of our lifestyle.

5. Aeon Magus

These haters are a lesser minority. Being outnumbered like this was just amusing. :lol:

6. stillaweirdo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have often dreamed of what I would do if I have the chance to counter-protest a Westboro rally.... I'd probably just stand in front of them, looking directly into their eyes, until they disperse. It sickens me to my very core.

7. Tycho

Hahaha good job. Don't really have any crazies like that where I live but I'd find it amusing to counter protest them too.

8. sguyc

I applaud their efforts to some degree. But I think it would be better if everyone just ignored those fools. The media coverage they get is what keeps them going. they are basically just a large inbred family posing as a church. I don't think they deserve national coverage at all.

9. MrHojalata98

I just hope when I'm older there will be more people like this, people that are not lgbt but still stand up for us. This article made me smile. Maybe one day we WILL be accepted for who we are :slight_smile:

10. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

You can always ask; we really don't mind. :slight_smile: The crux of the rule is in the blue line; "Anything... that anyone could use to contact you off-site is off limits." And there's no way someone could do that with just the link to this article.

For the record, the color scheme of the banner is the only new thing about it. The rule is years old, and there has always been an announcement about it in the place where the banner is now. Anyone who thinks the rule is new clearly hasn't read the Code of Conduct, or even just the big red box of text that used to be there.

11. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I think I used to live in that city! Or I lived near there, I can't remember; it was well over a decade ago.

Still, the awesomeness is great, here.

12. TeeJay

TeeJay Guest

I read the code of conduct, I just never noticed the banner until you guys changed the colors. lol And since I'm still new here, I'm still picking a lot of this up. But ya I get the no contact/no info rule.

13. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awesome :slight_smile: