1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call this religion?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by eveninghush, Jun 10, 2012.

1. eveninghush

2. Skies

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The Bible does state that homosexuality is an abomination and that we should be put to death. This good man is only doing what his God commands him to do. I see nothing wrong with that. We must respect his freedom of religion, his right to be a fucking twat.

3. eveninghush

The Bible says nothing about concentration camps though! Freedom of speech is one thing, enforcing bigoted attitudes on a religion-oriented society is another. Sorry, this just really angers me. People take the bible so goddamn literally. I bet this pastor has done at least one of the following, all of which are also forbidden by the bible:

Eaten a ham sandwich
    Eaten prawns, lobsters other shellfish
    Worn polyester
    Allowed a man without testicles to enter his church (okay unlikely, but do he think he checks! He would if he took the entire bible literally)

Bloody hypocrisy. If we all took the bible literally we'd all be going to Hell. Not just us gays

P.S. abomination at the time meant unclean, not necessarily morally wrong. Not like the pastor knows that...

4. Skies

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh, I apologize. Sarcasm does not translate all that well into text. To clear things out, my previous post had so much sarcasm that it was dripping all over my screen and into my keyboard.

"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice." Of course this man violates hundred of Biblical commandments every day. But Christians do love to cherry pick don't they? Gluttony is a sin, and just by looking at him I can tell that this man has more grams than he needs, to put it very lightly.

But we forget that this is MERICAAAA, where the Freedom of Religion Flag is waved across the nation at every opportunity and criticism is quickly shot down by the cries demanding "Religious tolerance". Makes me sick.

5. Travel Tech

Intolerant hate of those who are different? Sounds like religion to me.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually this post has been made before, but always good to revive a thread on the idiocy of some :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. SkyDiver

It's a disgusting thing when so called "Christians" are turning others away from a God who is nothing but love.

These people aren't Christ-like in the slightest.

8. Skies

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    [​IMG]

9. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We may hate the guy, but can we please not pretend he's not a true Christian? I get that many Christians don't think like he does, but there is clear textual support for violent homophobia (like Leviticus 20:13). Therefore I think it's extremely disingenuous to put "Christian" in scare quotes when referring to the guy. We can't just excommunicate him from the ranks of legitimate Christians just because he failed to cherry-pick the scriptures correctly.

#9 Pret Allez, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  10. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

You're an Irish Londoner? Then you should understand a thing about religious hatred. Ever hear of the Protestant VS Catholic wars?

11. Linthras

Linthras Guest

As I pointed out in other threads, abomination, or the Jewish word toevah meant against religious ritual, not sin or damnable.
    The same texts that state that homosexuals should be put to death also state that disobedient children should be put to death btw.:eusa_doh:

---------- Post added 12th Jun 2012 at 08:40 AM ----------

This too.

12. rg93

Holy crap. If there is a God, he is surely facepalming right now.
    I am yet again amazed at the stupidity of human beings. :eusa_doh:

This man isn't saying this "in the name of God and the bible", he is just retarded and needs serious mental care.

He obviously doesn't know that straight people in fact can reproduce and that they can have gay children because, as some of the people on that page commented, god created hetero as well as homosexuals. :thumbsup:

If homosexuality could die out because "we can't reproduce", we would have been long gone by now. :rolle:

And concentration camps. Really? I live in Germany where people actually remember what concentration camps were and what they were used for in the Nazi-regime. Anybody who has any sense wouldn't wish that fate on anyone or anything and i'm sure, if their is a God, he would agree. People are scared as sh"t of them over here and some crazy Pastor saying that they should put actual people in there to be tortured and murderd in the slowest manner possible because god said so is a federal offence and he would likely have to pay a pretty damn large amount of money and/or go to jail for that. :tantrum:

I kinda feel bad for the People who are open-minded and still believe in the God who loves every human being. Because they are the ones getting crap because of some retarded old man.

PS: I have nothing against religious people, just against people that try to use religion to discriminate people who have different preferences and can't deal with it.

#12 rg93, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  13. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No true Scotsman, etc.

14. Ryukotsu

I'll go to the electric concentration camp on the condition that ignorant people are in a camp next to us

15. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Just encountered this on the bible and homosexuality thread to.

16. eveninghush

In reply to ArcherySet, yes of course I am aware of the Troubles, another war born out of religion (sigh)... Luckily, my family are all from Republic of Ireland, not Northern Ireland and it had all pretty much ended by the time I was born.

17. DanA

Agreed but they need to respect my freedom FROM religion first.

I'm tired of being discriminated against with laws based entirely on a religion I want nothing to do with and don't believe in at all. I'm tired of having to pick up the pieces and live in fear because a majority of the country believes in Dungeons & Dragons style nonsense.

I was raised without religion, I've never once even thought about believing in a religion, it's not part of my identity or life in anyway and it never will be.

16.1% of my fellow countrymen and women also want nothing to do with religion.... that is a larger percentage than Jewish, Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu, ect. living in the US. It's also a larger percentage than any racial minority besides Hispanic... which is also at around 16%. It's a larger percentage than gays.

Where is our representation? Where are our spokesmen? Where is our lobby?

Oh right, we don't have any of those because it wouldn't be PC. Having a group that represents atheists would invariably mean that there is a vocal public and political group that actively tries to work against the encroachment of religion on all of our lives. Can't have that... religion only goes one way in this country.

Can't have that because we need to respect religion because... um... why again? Religion is righteous or moral? I wonder if the 9 year old girl in Namibia who had her labia filleted off and her vagina sown closed because of religion thought it was moral. I wonder if those women who were put to death in Pakistan for singing at a wedding thought what was happening to them was righteous. I wonder if those 10 young gay men the Dutch Catholic Church castrated in the 50s thought it was moral as their testicles were removed. I wonder if all those children who were raped and molested by men of the cloth thought that it was righteous.

What is moral? In my experience, religion as a whole is the furthest thing from it.