1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I doubt I'll ever watch Cake Boss again.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Fugs, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Cake Boss" Bullies Transgender Woman | Lez Get Real

2. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Wow...This is ridiculous...To think I use to watch "Cake Boss." I mean, just wow...:tantrum:

3. Ridiculous

Cake Boss is a fucking awful show anyway. I'd be insulted to have their approval.

4. sguyc

I don't watch it anyway, but that story made me shudder. Who wants to watch deserts get made anyway, cooking shows are where it's at.

5. ArcaneVerse

I don't support the alleged actions or comments of Cake Boss but I'm sorry Carmen Carrera was stupid to think this would end up any other way then what it did, you cant have a prank that is not based on humiliation and Carmen was always going to play that part. So signing up for this in the first place is not a great way to further transgender awareness, you cant force people into liking who or what you are and these kinds of actions will only do more damage.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I enjoyed the competition show, Next Great Baker, but I never thought the actual show was good. So despite being pissed at this, I'm still not going to watch the show in the first place.

Though while I like Carmen, Arcane makes a good point, doing this whole joke thing was in no way going to promote awareness.

Sguyc, you have no idea the amount of difficulty there is in making desserts though. Cooking's easy, you can try different flavours, spices, textures and while yes some mess ups can happen, it's a lot harder to mess that up. But desserts require specific measurements, if you don't put enough flour in, a cake won't rise properly. If you put in the wrong kind of sugar, it'll be too sweet. So trust me, while I respect your opinion...it's a tad off.

7. Beachboi92

Their cakes where never really all that good looking anyways, I've never been all that impressed by what they make.

8. Paper Heart

Things like this make me miss Ace of Cakes.

9. Pinstripe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This makes me sad, although I do agree with Arcane that it was a little naive of Carmen to think that a prank like that would help the transgender community.

Never watched Cake Boss, though, because Ace of Cakes is where it's at. >>

10. Lark

Lark Guest

Man, Cake Boss used to be hilarious because it was so bad. Then I got tired of making fun of it. Not watching it anyways.

11. Emberstone

not trying to start a flame war, but the few times I watched RuPaul's Drag Race, there always were a few contestants that seemed would do ANYTHING for attention, and I mean ANYTHING.

I have never watched cake boss (I am 100% anti TLC, and have been since they abandoned learning, and started doing basically nothing but reality shows about ten+ years ago). I don't intend to watch it.

But the douchery is a two way street here.

12. UnsureOtaku

UnsureOtaku Guest

That's just sad. I thought people had progressed at least a little bit in the past few years.

13. sguyc

I'm sure your right. I happen to like watching cooking shows more because I love to imagine myself eating the food. Deserts only elicit an "oh thats pretty" feeling rather than "I wish I was there right now so I could eat that".