1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Judge rules Wisconsin man can't hand out Bibles inside MN gay pride fest

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Dan82

http://wsau.com/news/articles/2012/...ant-hand-out-bibles-inside-mn-gay-pride-fest/

2. RomanIrish

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's a bummer. I'm kinda glad he can't spread negativity around the festival, but at the same time, he has a right to speak.

3. Tim

Tim

I'm actually torn on this.

I'm not religious, but as long as he isn't spouting out that homosexuality is a sin, etc, handing out bibles should be fine. There are LGBT people who do go to church, extremely religious, etc.

He might just be trying to reach those people who are interested, but haven't had the interest. Yes, he is against being homosexual, but that doesn't mean he's forcing it on other people.

He might, yes, but from the article, we don't know that.

4. Emberstone

What about the freedom of religion of everyone who doesnt want to be hurrassed? including traditional, real christians, who don't ascribe to the fundementalist corruption that is the basis of behaviors such as this man is sueing to be able to do?

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think the judge made the right decision. There is zero infringement on his right to free speech. To grant him the ability to enter the pride events and distribute would be to deny all the participants their right to free association and peaceable assembly. (Free association implies the right to bar people from things. As in, I am free not to associate with you, therefore I set the parameters.)

6. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Something like this. Assuming that the festival is privately hosted, and isn't a government-sponsored event (the article didn't say) then whatever group that's hosting the event has the right to set certain parameters regarding what goes on inside.

7. dano22

dano22 Guest

I think as long as this man is accepting of the gay community and handing out bibles he has a right to but if his intentions are anti gay he should not be allowed at the festival.

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As long as he is not causing problems I think that he should be allowed to pass out his bibles.

On the other hand, if he is causing problems I think that the judge made the right decision.

9. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Why can't the idiots just be happy with standing in the sidelines with signs like every other idiot out there. I think this guy missed the memo -_-

As much as I hate it, I do think the guy should be allowed to be around the area. A lot of people would appreciate the free bibles

10. SkyDiver

What's wrong with some free Bibles? I'm sure there are many religious LGBT people out there. As long as he's not spouting some anti-gay poison.

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only thing I don't like is that it sounds like they're practically putting him in a cage. Honestly just let the man in but search him to make sure he's not bringing Bibles into said event. Or hell, just make use he has no Bibles in his hands without having to search him and invade his personal being. And if he chooses to sell the Bibles like by hiding one or two under his shirt (lol) then just remove him from said festival or just take the books away again.