1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GOProud Endorses former Governor Mitt Romney for President

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan82

http://www.goproud.org/page.aspx?pid=431

2. Emberstone

GOProud, and its history of homophobic board members, needs to stop pretending they give a flying crap in hell about gay people. Thats why they proudly boast about supporting homophobes.

They also are anti-free market, because if you are for the free market, you are automatically against subsidiaries for coorporations, because in a free market, you let the market work itself out, you dont funnel money into it.

As for limited goverment, their kind are only against it when democrats are in the white house, but were dead silent as bush created the largest increase in goverment spending of the last 40 years, and the largest expansion of goverment in the same period.

But mitt will lap up the endorsement, pretending that it legitimizes him with the very people he demonizes.

GOProud is nothing more than a bunch of posers pretending to be something their ideology says they are not.

If you want a legitimate endorsement of Romney by a gay republican group, then look to the Log Cabin Republicans, people who I disagree with on many thing, but unlike GOProud, they arent homophobes, and actively work to make positive changes for the LGBT community.

3. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to say it: Of all the republican nominees we had to choose from before the primaries began, I'm glad it was Romney who won out.

Having said that i hope he loses the election.

4. Aldrick

Bleh. :icon_razz

Of those actually allowed to frequent the debate stage, I think Jon Huntsman was the most qualified.

Though, I also held a great deal of respect for both Gary Johnson and Buddy Roemer.

Obviously, I don't agree with any of them on all the issues, but I think all three are respectable men with strong records, good principles, not afraid to take a stand against their own party, and qualifications that make them suitable for the office of the President.

I'm not really sure Romney is qualified temperamentally. Set aside the issues that he takes, could anyone actually see Romney making the decision to go after Bin Laden like Obama did? I don't. He'd be paralyzed with fear worrying about it going wrong and costing him the next election. Had it gone wrong things would have been just as bad as Desert One was for Jimmy Carter. Everybody knew that.

There is no way Romney would take those kinds of risks, and frankly - with the world the way it is - we need a President that is prepared to take risks.

As for GOProud... their support of Mitten's isn't exactly shocking. I'm not against gay Republican's. I just wish they'd work to hold Republican's accountable for their anti-gay stances. LGBT Democrats worked hard to hold Obama accountable, and that's why we've made such gains under him. LGBT Republican's don't seem to do the same thing, which is troubling, because I think we need to move both parties to the same place regarding our issues. That requires LGBT Republicans and Democrats to be of the same mind and working from the same playbook.

5. Emberstone

anyone notice how Romney now is getting to the point that when asked a question about policy, he never seems to answer them unless he is on fox news, and everything has been pre-arranged with his camp?

This man doesnt go into any specifics or details when he is talking.

At least Obama is brave enough to say things people dont really want to hear, then explain why he thinks we should take that course of action.

6. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Whew, talk about cognitive dissonance.

7. ANightDude

Really? I would have said Hunstman.

8. Drakey

I don't understand why gay people would vote Republican...the Republicans are the people who are trying to take our rights away >.<

9. Emberstone

*waits for redstate*

10. RedState

Because I have something called a brain.

Because I have something that's called a job.

Because I actually make good money at that job

Because my parents are extremely wealthy

Because I'm tired of paying for the bottom half of low life moochers that don't contribute jack shit for the very programs they demand..it's easy to demand something when someone else is paying for it..isn't it?

I'm having a new bumper sticker printed up just for the 2012 election: "The Democrats: The Party of Underachievers"

11. Dan82

Yes the “low life moochers” should have thought ahead and chosen extremely wealthy parents like you did!

12. Drakey

I have a brain, I have a job, I have parents who got screwed over by the Republican government, and I know that the Republicans are the very same people who are trying to take my rights away. I'm not voting for a party that endorses banning gay adoption and gay marriage and then uses most of the budget to fight useless wars in foreign countries for profit.

13. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

Typical Republican response. Makes me sick.

There is a multitude of people who HAVE jobs but still cannot make ends-meet, thus they require assistance.

My father was shot in the back when he was young and had to go on disability, it was hard for him to work because he could only make so much a month, so my parents had to apply for food stamps and HUD. My parents worked hard but still had difficulties once in awhile.

It's not a bad thing to help people in need. Jesus always said to clothe the naked, and feed the hungry. Remember, Sodom & Gomorrah was destroyed because people's selfishness. If you're a Christian you should know that.

BTW, I, too, have a brain and I am a Medical Transcriptionist (a very good job I make a lot of money from). I believe in helping those in need (obviously) and I don't want to oppress people, nor make them slaves. I will never vote for a Republican.

I normally keep my mouth shut when I read your dribble, but I found this comment too repugnant to ignore. You are ignorant, and arrogant, and will never understand what it's like to struggle.

#13 Random Dent, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2012
  14. Drakey

the Republicans were the very people who gave the insurance companies the power to deny my mother coverage when she got breast cancer! I'm sorry she didn't choose to be rich and have the money to afford chemotherapy! Oh sorry, I guess she was just "lazy" and didn't deserve healthcare. The Republicans (well..most of them) make me sick >.<

15. RedState

No..the low life moochers should get something called a job...or at least pay something into the system

But, then again, with the youth unemployment rate under Obama being close to 16%...I guess that's kinda hard.

Silly me...what was I thinking?

---------- Post added 21st Jun 2012 at 09:40 PM ----------

Well...that is very tragic...and I'm very sorry to hear that..and I hope she is ok.

But to blame that on Republicans is simply absurd. Insurance companies have been instituting the "previous condition" clause for years.

#15 RedState, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  16. LailaForbidden

I totally respect your difference of opinion... but damn thats just so uncompassionate. I don't think you could be more cruel in a post as short as yours if you tried. Poor people aren't always abusing the system.. they're just people who have been exploited by our capitalist system to a point where they are struggling to survive. My god... does everything have to be rich vs. poor? can't we just at least attempt to help the less fortunate? Ugh.

17. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

For republicans, yes. They only care about keeping their wealth and keeping the poor their slaves.

18. RedState

Ahh yes...once again...it's "the system"

It's always someone else's fault isn't it?

I don't have a problem with safety nets...I have a problem with people abusing them and expecting me to pay for it.

I have a problem with close to 49% of the people in this county paying no taxes at all...and having those very same people tell me, who pays a lot of taxes, that I am the bad guy...that I am the problem.

I say fuck that noise.

Take responsibility for your life and quit blaming others for your misfortune.

19. Drakey

I pay taxes just like everybody else and I'm working to better my life through my own efforts. Unfortunately I cannot do that while such a huge divide exists and is enforced by the rich class, who unfortunately are backed by many Republicans.
    Now I'm not saying all Republicans are bad, in fact I've met many intelligent Republicans who I respect, but I find it very hard to give many of them any credibility when they run to the rich with their tails between their legs and screw the poor.

20. RedState

>>>The rich class...who...are backed by many republicans

Ummm...have you even bothered to check Obama's disclosure forms?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.