1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christian Group At Gay Pride Saying "Sorry"

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by peanutbutter, Jun 20, 2012.

1. peanutbutter

2. sguyc

The comments were making me happy until all the Christians came in with their "wow so awesome guys. God loves EVERYONE__@@!@, he only hates the sin". Just shut up seriously. Honestly those people are more annoying than the blatant homophobes who I can just dismiss as ignorant and unintelligent.

3. Calico

At least now they'll leave us alone. Hopefully.

4. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. PurpleCrab

So true!! For the annoyance. That they believe forms of love being a sin and that gay people shouldn't be allowed to love each other. That's so wrong.
    Still less worse than lots of physical/legal abuse though.

6. Fintan

I know at the Pride Parade in Toronto -- the Anglican (Episcopal) Church, United Church and Metropolitian Churches usually have floats.

7. Mej7

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  8. sanguine

i remember seeing this on one of the facebook groups quite a while back, last year.

Faith in humanity restored it was called.

9. dano22

dano22 Guest

As a gay christian I welcome gay friendly christian groups if they want to be at gay pride only if they are fully accepting of the gay community. I can see how this sign can offensive and it should have not been used in the gay pride parade.

10. LailaForbidden

I just saw this on facebook and it did indeed restore my faith in humanity :slight_smile:

11. peanutbutter

I believe it was a great attempt. I wish as a Baptist that I could apologize for the wrong that has been done and said. Westboro Baptist Church has given the rest of us a bad "rep."

It's not all of us, but one bad apple does ruin it for the rest of us. :-(

When my bestfriend posted this on facebook, I smiled. We will get there!

God Bless

---------- Post added 22nd Jun 2012 at 01:33 PM ----------

:dry: Interesting words.

I am one of them.

12. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw this. It's a start, isn't it? I have greater faith in humanity now, even if they still say they hate the 'sin'. Baby steps, people. It's progress no matter what. :slight_smile:

13. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  14. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think we can dismiss them as ignorant or unintelligent; that's unfair to them. I am sure that their homophobia is very carefully considered. What that makes them is evil.

I hate the "love the person, hate the sin" line, because it doesn't actually work. The love of the person has to proceed from acceptance, which is precluded by "hating the sin" of same-gender attraction.

How is the sign offensive? It's saying "as Christians we are sorry for the way some of our brothers and sisters behave towards you." That's a message of brotherhood. If that's offensive to other Christians, then it needs to start happening a lot more.

15. dano22

dano22 Guest

Sorry I was mistaken. I was confused by your post just ignore that. The sign was not offensive to me at all.

16. peanutbutter

:dry:Really? What happens to forgivness. i swear sometimes I feel as though lgbt people are just as unaccpeting to other vice versa.

17. dano22

dano22 Guest

I could not agree more. I am gonna get a lot of crap for this but anti-religious hatred can be just as hateful as homophobia. Yes people have been hurt by religion I can completely agree with that but that does not justify shutting out and generalizing a group of people.

18. peanutbutter

I wrote a a story a long time about about the word religion. I don't believe in religion. I believe in God. Religion puts God in a box, and it should not be so. People hurt others, not religion. Jesus never said hate, and do wrong. Apostle Paul, Timothy and Peter never said that either. People who are supposed to represent God are in the wrong. Religion is nothing but tradtion, and that's not where I come from, nor is it how I was raised.

To be christian means to be "christ-like and Christ was nothing but love. My pastor is 89 years old, and is non-judgemental, and open to listen and to learn.

---------- Post added 26th Jun 2012 at 11:54 AM ----------

Forgiveness is more powerful than revengre. Vengeance only begest vengeance. It is a destructive lifestyle. But when you forgive, you inspire change in both youself and the other person. Forgivness has the power to transform people and create a better world for all.

19. dano22

dano22 Guest

I know a lot who believe in God but don't believe in religion and they worship God as much as people who go to church. Forgiveness is what can solve a lot problems we have in this world if people would just use it more often.

20. peanutbutter

I agree. I was taught that church is not a building. People are the church. My pastor preached a sermon about how we are the body a christ. so we are the church, worship place is just a building :thumbsup:

Forgivness is the key. True forgivness. Meaning forgive and forget. Meaning when one says sorry, they don't keep bringing it back up vice versa.