1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teen lesbian couple shot in Texas park: one dead, other seriously injured

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Doctor Faustus, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Doctor Faustus

This is awful. I hope the girl still in hospital manages to pull through. :frowning2:

More here: Teen lesbian couple found shot in Texas park - U.S. News

2. fireworks

fireworks Guest

I read the title and nearly threw up.

Apparently, we live in a civilised world these days. Oddly I can never quite see it.

3. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I just saw this story on my homepage. I got about halfway through it before I had to stop...It was to depressing for me....This world sucks.

4. Just Passing

Utterly disgusting. Killing anyone is downright horrific, but if these girls were targeted because of their sexuality...

Words fail me. The world is supposed to have matured from acts like this, it's just a shame that some people can't acknowledge that and grow up with the rest of us.

I hope all the best for the future families of the two girls even though at this stage it is looking pretty grim. :frowning2:

5. Catkin

There aren't any words for this. It's unspeakably horriffic.

6. starfish

Yes I concur that killing anyone for any reason is horrific. Thought I would caution people that we don't yet know the motivation for these murders.

7. Tim

Tim

It's horrible yes, but saying they were targetted because of their sexuality when that hasn't been proven yet will get no one anywhere except for more people mad that people are calling it a hate crime without any proof. Were they most likely targeted because of their sexuality? Yes. Do we know that for a fact? No.

Until we do, it's just a horrible murder that never should have happened in the first place, as with all murders.

8. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is so sad, imagine the nightmarish horror when that girl finds out her girlfriend died. If she makes it that is. Just awful. I'm so sorry.

9. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is very sad. I feel really bad for their families and for the girls. They were/are so young. This didn't need to happen. I don't know if it happened as a hate crime or not but it's still so sad. :icon_sad:

10. SkyDiver

My order of reactions... :eek: :tears: :bang:

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I read this and honestly all I could think of was what if that had been my best friend? She and her girlfriend went to a bar in Texas last year, they even kissed at New Year's and were fine, but after this story I'm just like O_O

12. NiCoco

That is sick for people killing others because of their sexuality!!

13. HunterN95

Why am I not surprised? This is simply digusting and I can't think of any other word to describe it. Loss is hard enough as it is, but losing someone like this is the worst thing I can imagine. :'(

14. Growl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I read about this on tumblr, I almost start crying. People can be so horrible sometimes, I just don't understand.

15. Emberblaze

I read the title and was hoping with all my might that they meant a shot as in, a picture was shot of them...

Straight people say that gays are the ones that go to hell, but then go out and do stuff like this or any other kind of radical form of protest.

I know not ALL straights are like that, but it's just a shame that this is the kinda people in the worl we live in

16. lonewolf77

lonewolf77 Guest

I hope they find whoever did this horrible thing. My heart goes out to the two girls' families and friends.