1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Pride rainbow Oreo sparks 20,000 Facebook comments, debate

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Dan82

http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-gay-pride-oreo-20120626,0,1004912.story

2. SkyDiver

If people boycotted every company that supported some form of equality for LGBT individuals.... they wouldn't go on computers.

3. Tim

Tim

You'd think people would learn from 1 Million Moms.

If you boycott something, it's just going to cause way more people than you to purposely buy from them to undermine your "boycott." >_>

People overreact to everything. It's a goddamn rainbow. It's a caption that says Proudly Supports. If they have an issue with it, for pete's sake, just enjoy the fact there's a freaking 6 layer oreo in multiple colors.

4. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Idk what they are talking about. Skittles has been under-cover supporting us for years with their "Taste the Rainbow" ads. And what about rainbow licorice? Eh, those people are dumb if they boycott Oreos over this.

5. Deaf Not Blind

i once had ultra religious buddy, he showed me a list of companies he will not buy from cuz they support planned parenthood, which included Levis i believe. I do not like PP either, but to literally not buy anything from that ever growing list cuz once they donated a little to a group i know has racist and eugenics history is ridiculous.
    Best of luck to those who live that way, as making your own clothing will be hard!

6. Mad Man L

Well what can you expect, there are a lot of idiots out there, and the vocal minority strikes again.

What I find most saddening is often when such arguments occur on LGBT support photos such as this, often the photo ends up being taken down, rather than just the stupid ones having their comments deleted.

7. ArcaneVerse

Well they have a right to boycott, as we have the right to boycott anything anti LGBT. The hateful comments aren't necessary though but I'm sure they are many from both sides.

I personally would boycott anything that I could if I knew it was supporting something I didnt agree with, but you cant avoid everything and you cant always know what your money is going to.

Good to see Kraft is showing support in such an awesomely creative way, will make oreos taste that much better.

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People are silly. It's like with the Dump Starbucks thing. 45K of people not buying Starbucks or buying to dump it (which is even more ridiculous) is not going to actually result in anything.

9. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just remember with any positive changes in society, there are some who are against long after it has gained general acceptance. Heck I'm sure some people still think women should not be able to vote etc...

Hopefully in a few years the dust of ignorant and intolerant comments will settle and it will be fondly remembered as a "tempest in a glass of milk". In the meantime, it's a good "coffee talk/water cooler" way to broach same-sex rights in every day conversation.

10. Ridiculous

"all food companies should just start announcing that they’re pro gay so dumb anti gay people wouldnt eat anything" - tumblr

11. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This.

My niece shared it on Facebook. It made me happy. :slight_smile:

12. SkyDiver

It would just be so much fun to watch...

13. Night Rain

14. Tim

Tim

That's... genius. Rofl.

I have to say: I assumed it was photoshop... did Kraft actually make these? :confused:

EDIT: I don't know why, I found this video hilarious.

[youtube]wseI5JbAiq4[/youtube]