1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texas Republican Party: ‘Homosexuality Tears At The Fabric Of Society’

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Dan82

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/...homosexuality-tears-at-the-fabric-of-society/

2. Vesper

They're opposed to the teaching of higher-order thinking skills as well, because doing so would, in their tiny minds, challenge students' fixed beliefs and undermine parental authority.

Who's really tearing at the fabric of society here?

3. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

I really wish they would stop shoving their Christian agenda down our throats.

4. person54

It's astonishing how horrible, mean and ignorant the Texas republican party was able to be in just a few paragraphs.

5. dano22

dano22 Guest

Its not a christian agenda as it is a conservative christian agenda. There is a big difference.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^Makes a good point.

And as for the statement...pretty sure it's stupidity that tears at the fabric of society lol, like these people :slight_smile:

7. SkyDiver

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The thing is, the Texas government has always been horribly corrupt, an old boys network, rife with all sorts of bigotry and bullshit. Molly Ivins, an amazingly funny political commentator, wrote about Texas politics for many years. Anyone interested in learning about some of the ridiculousness should pick up one of her books.

9. Jared

This makes me so embarrassed to be a Republican, but then again the South has always been bigoted and far too conservative for their own good.

10. Tim

Tim

Is it bad I saw Texas Republican Party in the forum main page, and immediately knew what type of thread I was clicking into? >_>

I have friends in Texas who are Republican, and oppose everything related to Gay Rights. I'm still friends with them, I just don't talk anything political with them. I also have LGBT friends from Texas. A few of them are Republican, and for some reason, one of them is against LGBT equality.

I just don't see why they tell LGBT people not to push "our views" in their faces, then they come and do something like this.

Hypocrites.