1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Katy Perry, Gay-Marriage Stance: 'My Mind Has Changed'

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Dan82

http://blog.music.aol.com/2012/07/02/katy-perry-gay-marriage/

2. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    Sweet! That's amazing :slight_smile: Now lets just go work on Chuck Norris...

3. runallday4

runallday4 Guest

Yay, I really liked her when her first song came out (I kissed a girl) and then it kind of faded. Something about her upcoming movie makes me really like her again. Glad to know she's a supporter.

4. Zontar

Wasn't she the one who sang the song about kissing girls? Her parents probably flipped their shit over that one.

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's cool I guess. I would just like her to pretend she never wrote "You're So Gay" (which in addition to being offensive is a really bad song) and re-write "I Kissed a Girl" to make it not male-gaze oriented backhanded heterosexist shit.

6. Brenny

Ugh that song. I have been told I remind girls of that song more times than I care to think about. Katy is lucky I love her other songs like Teenage Dream enough to forgive her. I will take that news article as an apology for that stupid song.

7. Sherri

I honestly thought Katy Perry was going to be a total one hit wonder with I Kissed A Girl, but I'm glad she hasn't been. She's really one of the friendlier pop stars today, and she shows that anybody can be open-minded and accepting no matter how s/he was raised.

Though I will say that I was much more surprised when Carrie Underwood came out in support of gay marriage. Major props to her.

8. Ridiculous

I can't be the only one who's always thought there was something off about Katy Perry. She just seems very... contrived.

9. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :thumbsup:

Also, I love "I Kissed a Girl," good or bad. Can't get it out of my head.. I kissed a girl and I liked it... the taste of her cherry chapstick.... :eusa_whis

10. WeirdnessMagnet

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good for her. The industry loves this "an innocent, devout Southern belle prancing in stripperific outfits and singing about sex" image... However destructive it's inherent contradictions. Changing her mind and speaking out is far, far better than going out of her mind and off the deep end, like some before her did.

11. AdamStark

AdamStark Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    On the one hand, good for her. It's nice to see her coming around to the common sense idea that two people love each other.

However she was the girl who wrote that song "Ur So Gay" and really broke out with a song about kissing other girls and enjoying it. Like someone else already said, I thought "I Kissed A Girl" would be a one hit wonder, but she's stuck around. I have to admit I do have "Last Friday Night" and "ET" on my phone and listen to them quite a bit.

12. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pretty much this.
    I can't help but feel that this is just a way for her to try to sway fans who disliked her because of her views into listening to her robotic music despite whether her views have actually changed or not.