1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

African American Studies/History

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by peanutbutter, Jul 6, 2012.

1. peanutbutter

I am a double major in Psychology and Political Science with a minor in Africana Studies. I have been trying to work on long project, we read a biography by John Lewis with SNCC and SCLC (african american civil rights organziation) I am required to write a 25pg paper on a specific area for the african american community.

In th ebook John Lewis mentioned how a few of his fellows were gay and it was not meant to be spoken about, and I have targeted being LGBT in the African American Community is a fight for eSo quality, and rights amoung our own brothers.

I am working on interviewing people who around MLK age are or known people who were are LGB. It's a process.

In this research paper I wanted to really focus on how LGBT african american individuals are being judge by their own brothers and sisters, and spreading the same, discrimination by that they experienced.

I am looking for book suggestions, and or speakers of the african american community whohas spoken about their struggle, and their views for the african american community.

Books about coming out and being black. I wrote a thread previously called "gay is the new black"

I am going to use agruments for my paper to help me form a thesis.

so I need book suggestions, famous speakers, professors, public material anything that I can read and research more about.

I previously wrote a thread about book suggestions. This is what I was really looking for however it was removed. so here is the reasoning for the book suggestion.