1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scotland: Catholic Church declares “war on gay marriage”

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by qboy, Jul 8, 2012.

1. qboy

Scotland: Catholic Church declares “war on gay marriage” - PinkNews.co.uk

And the idiots wonder why religion is becoming increasingly irrelevant in this country - especially when campaigning against what own flock says is right "The Scottish Social Attitudes Survey also showed that a majority of Scottish Catholics support same-sex marriage with 57% in favour and just 25% opposed."?

Let's hope it ends with the same result as what they previously wasted their money on - i.e. campaigning against equalising the age of consent, the repeal of Section 28, civil partnerships, and same-sex adoption.

2. YeonAh

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Someone's got a lot of money to toss around :| Apparently there aren't better things to spend thousands on right now.

3. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    haha, fools

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think this is appropriate then:

[​IMG]

5. qboy

He's doing a lot of that at the moment - they (Church of England this time) can't even decide if they want to allow women bishops or not - they are now arguing over an amendment which will allow some parishes to discriminate based on the gender of the bishop. :rolle:

6. Lebowski45

The Catholic Church in Scotland never fails to disappoint when it comes to hating the gays. Indeed its little wonder that very few young people go any more. I'm not sure if the most disgusting thing about that article is the fact that they're willing to spend £100,000 in a campaign supporting discrimination (Jesus would be so proud) while people continue to starve in the world (I suppose it makes a change from taking money off the flock to purchase themselves brand new statues, or something), or the fact that they want to bully the democratic process. There is quite clearly a majority opinion for this move, even amongst Catholics - the Church has no credibility, and is seen as an irrelevance now, rightly so. They are best ignored on just about everything.

Same-sex marriage is coming to Scotland anyway, I think the Government is due to announce this week - I can't imagine them NOT introducing this bill.

7. qboy

The Scottish government is certainly showing it's more progressive side over recent years - 31 years from homosexuality being a criminal offence to fully equal rights (assuming the expected same-sex marriage bill goes through parliament next year) isn't bad going!

BBC News - Mock gay marriage takes place outside Scottish Parliament

8. Lebowski45

Very true! The Scottish parliament has been good for progressive causes - I think it repealed Section 28 in the first year of its existence too. I'm sure the government will give this the go-ahead very soon :grin:

9. qboy

Scottish Catholic priests' letter condemns gay marriage

The eejits are at it again - I found out about this listening to the news on one of the local radio stations (which is supposed to be impartial) which basically called them (the Scottish RC Church) idiots. I'm getting the distinct impression that the media is starting to get bored of the constant junk coming from the religious circles - especially at weekends when the more religious journalists probably aren't working!

10. blightedsight

They may take away our rights, but, they'll never take our LUBRICATION!!!!

11. Ben

Ben

It's unfortunate that Cardinal O'Brien has the loudest voice in Scottish Catholicism.

I went to a sermon of his (he's archbishop where I live) and it was total bull in the context of his statements on same-sex marriage. After the service, I'm proud to say that when he went to shake my hand, I left him hanging and shook my head instead. Ain't nobody got time for that.

12. Emberstone

it will be newsworthy when the vatican delcares war on pedophile priests.

that they are anti-marriage is nothing new.

13. IllusiveRannoch

Urdnot Wrex disapproves

Attached Files:

#13 IllusiveRannoch, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  14. IllusiveRannoch

ha. brilliant.:lol: Bet even Wallace saw that coming.

15. Allis

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Im christian and I really dont get why some denominations cant accept LGBT people, i mean isnt christianity about acceptance, love and the absence of judgement among ourselves. What I'd like to know is where in the Bible did it say homosexuality is a sin,or even looked down upon for that matter.

16. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Too bad for them. They're losing the battle decisively. Each year more and more people support gay marriage.

The only types who are against gay marriage these days are religious fanatics. Threatening others with things like divine punishment is all they can do to defend their untenable positions. Fortunately for us, the rest of the world isn't so gullible.

Many secular Christian types couldn't care less about gay marriage. It was uplifting reading Mattisvenificus' thread, because he talked about how his mom was supportive even though she's a Christian. Nowadays, it's not uncommon to see Christians even supporting gay marriage.

That's not to say that religion isn't the main source of our oppression, but it's nice to see people finally thinking outside of religious dogma.

17. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

Maybe I should write a letter.

"Dear Pope

Why don't you use the money you are funneling into your latest anti gay marriage campaign into help services and counseling for you pedophile priests, who like to sexually abuse little boys , and leave the consensual ass-fucking men of the world (who are most like non Catholic) to gay marry in peace.

As a homosexual man who loves men (and engages in gay sex all the time), and detests the idea of victimizing children in anyway, perhaps you and your ilk could learn a few things from me about right and wrong.

I'll even wear a shiny gold robe to the party, if you will take me more seriously. I look forward to your correspondence.

Sincerely,
    I Love My Boyfriends Huge Cock"

#17 ArcherySet, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2012