Empty Closets Coming Out Resources and a Safe Place to Chat
Welcome Forum Chat Room Resources News Members

Go Back   Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out > General Chat > Current Events, World News, & LGBT News

Current Events, World News, & LGBT News A news forum for posting and discussing news topics regarding the latest breaking news, stories from around the world, and any LGBT related news updates that you and others may find interesting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th Jul 2012, 07:22 AM   #1
Nerdy T-Girl

Orientation: Women or David Tennant
Out Status: Family only

Default Rep. Barney Frank gets Married.

Daily Dot | Rep. Barney Frank gets hitched, makes history

Quote:
Representative Barney Frank (D-MA), who in 1987 became the first member of Congress to publicly come out as gay, has finally settled down. And much of Facebook couldn’t be happier.

RELATED STORIES

Facebook unveils icons for same-sex marriage

Obama supports gay marriage, Twitter reacts

Almost 30,000 people have liked a photo from Frank’s wedding to James Ready, which was posted by the group Elect Democrats on Monday evening. The two were married in Newton, MA, which is in Frank’s district. This makes Frank the first sitting member of Congress to marry a same-sex partner.

“Good luck! And may God bless them. Marriage is hard and when two enter into it, I wish them the best,” wrote Janelle Nash.

President Obama announced his unequivocal support for gay marriage in May, but it’s still only legal in six states.

“Good to see Jim finally made an honest man out of Barney,” added Brian Gallagher. Cheers to love!”
Old 11th Jul 2012, 06:55 PM   #2
TheEdend

Tournaments Won: 62

Default Re: Rep. Barney Frank gets Married.

Such an amazing story. Amazing man

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.