1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The only equality in equal rights is the name.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dasc Crescent, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Dasc Crescent

Sorry I'm just fed up with my country(South Africa), and I know it sounds petty since we have gay marriage and supposedly equal rights, but it seems every time i check my cellphone or open my laptop one of my friends got fired for being seen with a man, or even worse all these murders happening, and you know what, I know a few middle aged gay couples who have been together for 20 or so years who CANT get married, even though we claim to have same sex marriage, I've never in my experience seen any proof of it.
    this week another of my friends was found out to be gay, his co workers were screaming and swearing at him, the manager came to shout at him, and even the area manager for the whole fudging company came to shout, apparently its morally wrong for a faggot to work in the delivery industry, and not a single damn thing can be done about this legally.

We live in the supposed 'Rainbow nation' and its true, you are equal and free, as long as you are a black women over the age of 25 but younger than 35. otherwise the law LITERALLY works against you.

again I am sorry for this post I am just so sick of living in such a BS country, It could be worse, I know, but it could be a fudgeload better.

It just shows you, you can fight for equal for decades, and when you finally win. the victory is completly hollow, but you can't do anything more, you have your rights, you cant use them , but you cant fight for something you are told you have.

2. Aeon Magus

Same-sex marriage in South Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Section Nine of the Constitution of South Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. Bradley

I was in South Africa a few months ago, and I was absolutely shocked by the racism that still exists there. All people talk about there is corruption, nepotism and affirmative action, it just seemed that everybody hates everybody down there.

I never discussed sexuality with anybody while I was there, as I am always careful about discussing that subject abroad (I've been to countries where it is still punishable by death), but from the articles I've read it seems that LGBT rights exist on the books, but has yet to be reflected by popular opinion.