1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A First: GOP Congresswoman Supports Marriage Equality

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by TheEdend, Jul 13, 2012.

1. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bravo to Ileana. I do hope the GOP doesn't stupidly throw her out of the GOP, you never know how pathetic they can be. Republicans on EC, please don't attack me for this statement, I'm talking about the GOP themselves, not all Republicans. After all, one of Romney's team was more or less forced out by the GOP or other members of the team because he was openly gay. So I'm not saying all Repubs are bad, just the ones who are idiots who force out people like him.

#2 Revan, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  3. sguyc

Eh, the reason the guy got forced off Romney's team is because he was too big of a political liability for various reasons, all of them having to do with him being gay. I don't think the GOP goes around throwing people out of the party for being gay however. Hopefully this representative can hold on to her seat.

4. Deaf Not Blind

My coming out is making it difficult to know who to vote for in November. I wish I had more idea who is all around better. I am Christian, and usually vote GOP, and mostly we are cuz we don't support abortion. But otherwise I am surprised how liberal I am.

5. sguyc

Look, as long as you vote, thats better than a lot of the people in this country. But don't be a one issue voter, especially on something like abortion. Do you realize that even if the GOP wins the next 10 presidential elections, there is no chance that abortion will ever be banned?

6. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

Good to hear that this is now bi-paritsen, even though I'm a liberal. The two sides need to work together more.