1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chick-fil-A president slams same-sex marriage

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Waffles, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Waffles

I respect people giving opinions, but I think that a person who is the president of a fast food chain is trying to tell us that being LGBT is a sin and God hates us and we need to turn away from this "sinful curse" just rubs me the wrong way. And the amount of money they give to the anti societies is just ridiculous. Instead on using money for that, why not do some BETTER things, like let the US pay off their debt, help the poor and disabled. And the COMMENTS... I can't believe how ignorant some people are. ( =3=)

But what do you guys think? ( o3o)

Chick-fil-A president slams gay marriage

(hope the link works... i'm posting this from my phone.)

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hopefully now NYU will be able to get rid of Chick-Fil-A off their campus (it was NYU...)

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I saw this article on FB... my local news station posted it. The article was bad enough... but the comments on the thread on facebook was 10 times worse.

4. Shevanel

5. IrisM

My only response to this sort of thing is to say that if there were no stupid people in the world then how would we know who the smart ones are?

I have never eaten at that place and I will continue not doing so. Instead I will spend my money on Oreo or other businesses that respect other people's differences.

6. ANightDude

Is this really a shock to anyone? We knew they were donating to Christian groups for quite some time and they're a very faith-based company. It's not a huge surprise they'd be against SSM. I respect the right and all, but I never eat there anyways. Yet they remain massively popular here in the south.

7. Emberblaze

Wow, this is the only anti-gay article I read that's really actually made my blood freeze and then melt to a fulminating boil. And the comments are all the worse! Alright, nobody's gonna piss me off just by expressing anti-gay views, as long as they are REASONABLE about it! But this is just freakin outrageous.

People like this are always sayin that God hates us and all that and act like we're so beneath them, but come ON! Do they really think God smiles upon such hatred towards others? What the heck happened to "love thy neighbor as thyself"?

Ain't nothin but a bunch of hypocrisy these blokes are spittin out! Jeeze, I know I'm a goog person, and I also know I sin just liike everyone else. And I talk to God everyday and I know he cares for me, because if he didn't love me, or any other gay person, would I, or ANY of us, be blessed?!

Ugh, sorry everyone, but I was gettin overly indignant... Ahem, God bless! ^^

8. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I'm sort of conflicted over this because of the skit that Colbert (Or was it Jon Stewart?) did over the Oreo boycott. "I need to know where all of my foods stand on every controversial issue!" It seems hypocritical of us to stage a boycott of Chick-Fil-A (which was done a while ago) and then criticize OMM for doing the same thing, in retrospect.

Honestly though, I'd never even heard of Chick-Fil-A until they got in the news for their anti-gay stance. We don't have them anywhere near this part of Ohio. I'd never go there anyway, but at least I'm not ever tempted...

9. Aldrick

I'm just going to post this hilarious music video every time Chick-fil-A comes up. It's better to mock them than take them seriously; their mind is never going to be changed, we might as well have a laugh at their expense. Plus, I'm pretty sure the thought of Drag Queens "promoting" Chick-fil-A makes Dan Cathy have nightmares.

Chow Down (at Chick-fil-A) - YouTube

10. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really need to stop clicking the links that people post. The comments section always ends up making me so mad =[
    But with that being said, i still eat there. A Chick Fil A addiction just doesn't go away :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. J Snow

I already refuse to give them my money because of the organizations they donate to. They can't really convince me to not buy their product anymore than I'm already not buying it.

12. CelticRae

I know right. Its sooo tasty. and I am like " should I still be eating here knowing all this?" I am all like fuck it! It taste good. I still eat there too. I know shoot me :icon_lol:

13. spellbound

spellbound Guest

"God Bless this Family and all those like him! He states what he believes, whether others agree or not! That is America! To bad other individuals, that have similar values, are afraid to say what they believe, in fear of offending someone!!"
    ....was a comment on the article. but what i dont understand is why we cant state our opinions about marrige without coming across as anti-christian or just plain evil. and it is offensive to be told that i will burn in hell because i am in love with a woman. i fully believe in expressing veiws, but there is a line between expressing belief and faith and being rude, and i think he crossed it.

What's the ruckus? Same sex couples prefer Trouser Trout and Cat Fish over chicken anyway. Next time your in the act of your immorality; have someone take a picture of you in the act. Then, your (true self) can see how disgusting and unnatural your behavior is and how little regard you have for yourself, let alone for anyone else. Criminals in prison know all to well about free will. DO YOU?
    i love chicken! and i do understand the innuendo there but it was really unnessacary.
    and why dont they take a pic of themselfs with their partner and show it to their preist? is that disgusting and immoral too? and gay love is not a crime. comparing it to a choice a criminal made that landed them in jail is offensive. yes, it is our free will to act on our sexual prefferences, but even if we never acted on it, we still wouldnt be able to choose not to be gay.
    and, for the record, when i first figured out that i was bi, i was christian. i talked to the priest at a church my friend attended and he told me i would burn in hell for my sins.
    he told a 9 year old that she was a sinner and would go to hell. i asked him why and he said because God told him so. i dont believe god would damn a child. no matter what. even if she wasnt exactly pure. i kinda lost my faith after that.

14. The Doctor

All I can say...

Here's my reaction.

What does he care? Is he trying to lose customers? Like jeez.

15. SkyDiver

These are the same people who would want to kill Jesus if he were alive on Earth today. Modern day Pharisees.

16. Sherri

IMO, there is a huge difference between what Nabisco did and what Chic-Fil-A did. I don't at all believe that Nabisco was trying to be pro-gay because they thought it was the right thing to do even if it cost them profits -- they knew that taking this stance would lead to monetary gains even if some people boycotted Oreos for, you know, one week until their kids started crying for them.

What Dan Cathy has done, on the other hand, is to not only come out in opposition of homosexuality and same-sex marriage, but also go so far as to have donated millions of dollars over the past few years to groups that are very anti-homosexuality and detrimental to the fight for equality and acceptance.

AFAIK, Nabisco hasn't given millions of dollars to pro-gay groups, and even if they did, they didn't flaunt that. All Nabisco did was say the company supports gay pride. You aren't funding pro-gay groups every time you buy a package of Oreos. You are funding anti-gay groups every time you support Chic-Fil-A monetarily. Dan Cathy isn't pulling the funds for this out of his shiny Christian bumhole; he's using company profits earned from each and every person who goes and buys one of those delicious chicken sandwiches.

You can verbally speak out against Chic-Fil-A all you like, but they don't give a flying fuck until you speak with something they listen to -- your money. That gays would still eat there even still after knowing what their money is being spent on speaks volumes for the evils of consumer apathy.

17. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^^ I like what Sherri said.

This guy has been deceived to believe the way he does, same as many other "christians". It's obvious since his stance is against love and love in this world is always a good thing. I hope they go out of business, but probably won't for a long time. They'll get lots of pro-discrimination people buying from them and apparently some anti-discrimination people as well.

#17 mnguy, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  18. fireworks

fireworks Guest

Guys, why don't we start a food chain and openly slam straight marriage? Yes! They can have their Chick-fil-A, we can have ours. And ours will be wayyy better B) we'll have beanbags and balloons and a bouncy castle. And pizza. We'll make them regret this :grin:

Who's laughing now, Dan Cathy, huh?

19. Kidd

Kidd Guest

So let's say that a group like OMM at some nebulous (but probably not far) point in time in the future, decides to boycott a company like Pepsi or Google which has donated millions of dollars, very publicly, to the LGBT community for decades? Then what's the difference? Because I just don't see it.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I absolutely despise what they're doing. I hate their message. I totally deplore it. But it really does seem so hypocritical and petty to criticize them for this. They're going to spend their money to support causes they believe in, in the same way that thousands if not millions of LGBT people and their allies bought Oreos after that debacle. I don't necessarily see anything wrong with that.

#19 Kidd, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2012