1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ex-Gay Videos

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by The Escapist, Jul 22, 2012.

1. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I see them every now and then as I browse through various YouTube videos, sometimes I listen for a bit. I know you're all familiar with these people and some of you have had the unfortunate experience of going through similiar hard times. (*hug*)
    It breaks my heart when I see these, and I just wish I could do something.
    Today I found this one:
    [YOUTUBE]yR4lKQrbZi4[/YOUTUBE]
    It's so sad. I can't imagine the loss to go through this. And in a way I can relate, to when I was Christian and had very different beliefs and I felt this way. Not this exact way, but towards other "sins." And I don't mean that in any offensive way towards Christians, many of you are. Christians don't all think alike.
    To me, these make me sad. So sad. And I wish these people all the love in the world because I know they're hurting. They're living this life that is based on lies and it breaks my heart. No one should have to go through this and when I see these I want to make a change. I want to change the world.

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :frowning2: Watched it, I feel horrible for him, and I hope some day he'll be at peace with himself. I dunno, did you notice his most recent video about how end time has come and some other stuff?...

3. SkyDiver

Join the club, sister. :slight_smile: We will make change. Mind by mind. Heart by heart.

4. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @Revan I glimpsed through it a bit, he seems to be pretty far into this. There were alot of comments on his page of people who appreciated his videos.

@SkyDiver :slight_smile:

5. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What I found sad was that he also trashed virtually every other Christian's beliefs in the process of making his own point.

Given his stance on Easter, I can imagine he might be a Jehovah's Witness and therefore he has a missionary's zeal, although his delivery of his message was flat and, frankly, boring.

He's welome to believe whatever floats his boat, but he wouldn't escape from my front-door step without a few fleas in his ear if he came with that message.

How can you be "ex-gay" anyway. Isn't it a bit like saying "I used to be a white man?" or "I used to be O+ but now I'm blood-type AB-"?

My gayness is fundamental to me an not something I could wake up one day and say was no longer me.

In the UK, we have a saying: "There's nowt so queer as folk" and with some the queerness is more striking that others.

But, given the choice, I wouldn't swap my life for his. Thanks all the same.

6. sanguine

I hate people like him and I dont throw the hate word around so easily.

Its not sad at all, its pathetic, I dont pity him, you are only ever deserving of a life you wish to live, and his is a pathetic and miserable one full of repression and self hate, he is weak and I hate no time to pity or feel sorry for those who cant even save themselves and by what he was saying, he doesnt even want to be saved.