1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WBC shut down at Aurora

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by IrisM, Jul 23, 2012.

1. IrisM

2. Night Rain

They dared do that? The whole world would turn against them. Well, they will anyway. Crazy people!

3. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Barking mad!

4. Mogget

The whole world turned against them a long time ago. They like it that way since it provrs to them me're reprobate sinners.

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think if the group Anonymous should hack any website, they should hack GHF. Honestly they deserve to lose their website more than anyone else. Honestly I know this sounds like complete loony talk but I wish God could give me some power to teach these fools some lessons. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    WBC head Fred Phelps is a narcissist or perhaps a histrionic. He only goes to places where he can get attention, and he'll say anything, no matter how outrageous, to get attention.

Why anyone pays attention to him and his family's ridiculous behaviors is beyond me.

7. Mogget

Don't knock Phelps, Chip. That man does more to advance gay rights than anyone else in the country. Not intentionally, of course.

8. SkyDiver

Yup. :thumbsup: Anyone with a functioning heart and brain knows to be against anything and everything that he says.

9. IrisM

Exactly. It was heartwarming to see all those people come together with that wall of love to keep them out. =)

10. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It is terrible that WBC decided to go and try to picket this. I'm glad to see that these people formed a wall so that they could not picket it.

11. Aeon Magus

They were shut down here too - Westboro Baptist Church Military Protest Countered By Zombie Demonstrators

An author I'm following on the Twitters (Scott Lynch) says the following about^ :

" Westboro Baptist Church dickheads stymied by overwhelming zombie horde. [article link] "

And then... :lol:

" The f***ers should be hounded by memetic subcultures everywhere they go... catgirls. Bronies. Klingons. Steampunks. Cosplayers. Sam Sykes. "

It's quite something when a whole group of people, whether dressed as zombies or not, get together to counter these idiots. And funny, obviously. :grin:

12. manofwar618

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I've just been thinking, but I think it would be highly ironic and personally hilarious, in my opinion, if people were to picket Phelps' Funeral when he dies.
    I know, don't stoop to his level and all, but I still get enjoyment out of thought. :slight_smile:

13. Pain

Pain Guest

LOVE IT! :grin: Thank you for posting this :slight_smile:

#13 Pain, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
  14. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I'm not mistaken, the concept of using people as human shields for the asswipes at Westoboro Baptist started with Matthew Shepard's funeral. Fifty people showed up in these elaborate angel outfits (made out of bed sheets and PVC pipe) where the wings were basically twice the width of the people... and the angels just stood in line, effectively blocking all access of WBC to the funeral.

This sort of thing .. the angels, the wall of love, etc... is just brilliant. Not that it will do any good with these bozos, but it still helps those who would otherwise be hurt by the angry words of the WBC

15. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I know they're insane anyways so their reason probably doesn't matter, but why do WBC support the shooter?

16. Tim

Tim

I have to wonder:

At what point does a judge start ruling their actions not as free speech/right to protest, but as a hate crime against humans in general?

17. J Snow

There is only one way to beat them. You have to counter troll them.

I was listening to some Kevin Smith stand up where he talked about them protesting at Comicon (clearly a cesspool of human corruption) and people would just troll them. Like someone would just stand next to them dressed as Bender from Futurama holding a sign that said "Down with Humans."

Getting angry just satisfies them more.

How can we be so sure?

18. Mogget

They don't. They think he's a hellbound sinner. But they also think that God's using him as a tool to smite the United States for what they regard as our sins. This is actually a biblical idea. The Book of Jeremiah makes it very clear that God is using Babylon to destroy Judah for her sins, and that God will destroy Babylon in turn to punish her for destroying Judah.

More generally, you have to understand WBC's theology. They don't want to convert anyone; all of us are reprobate, chosen for damnation at the beginning of time by God. Likewise, they are the elect, chosen for salvation at the beginning of time by God. This is a Calvinist doctrine called "double predestination" and is regaining popularity in American Christianity. The Phelpses are just more...selective in who they believe is among the elect.

Their protests therefore are not to make us turn from sin. We can't. God has preordained that we are sinners. Rather, they want to rebuke us for our sins so that we can't claim ignorance when God rightfully damns us. Oh, and they also want attention because they're attention whores.

19. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be honest, I'm not even sure they believe any of the crap they talk about.

I think that's actually the majority of what motivates them. And I think Fred Phelps is a closet poof.

20. Mogget

Yes, Chip, but do you really think I'm going to miss an opportunity to talk about theology?