1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Couple Attacked in D.C.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Hiems, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Hiems

One of the victims, Roike, a yoga instructor, needs surgery, since the injuries were that severe. The video news report said that he kept positive energy despite the attack. Roike stated he won't be able to do handstands for awhile...

He reminded me of the amputee that appeared on the Ellen show. Both of them became physically debilitated through very different means, but they still kept a sense of humor. Hopefully the police will catch the attackers.

Michael Roike And Michael Joel Hall Jr, D.C. Gay Couple, Attacked In Alleged Hate Crime

2. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's horrible :frowning2: I hope those bastard kids get caught.

3. Night Rain

I doubt it, but if those kids are prone to violence like that, they probably won't go far in life.

4. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Awwh, this just breaks my heart. :'( why would anyone do something like that? It's horrible. I hope all of them get caught aand punished. This is so wrong...

5. Super Girl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's impossible to get used to the idea that this is something that actually happens. It's just unbelievable. The fact that the victims have such positive attitudes is really inspiring.

6. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It shocks me that there are people out there who think it's acceptable to treat ANYBODY like this, gay or straight.

Whether or not they were attacked because they were gay, several kids have grown up with the idea in their mind that they can do this.

I just hope they are caught and made to realize that they cannot go through the rest of their lives showing so little respect for their fellow humans.

It worried me too that these people might end up oushing my wheelchair round when I'm in the carehome!!! :eek:

---------- Post added 24th Jul 2012 at 10:21 PM ----------

pushing! :eusa_doh:

7. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This is so horrific.. I hope the couple will be okay. I don't know how anyone could do such a thing. Ugh, people can be so evil sometimes..