1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chic-fil-a are not only ignorant bigots, they're also lying sacks of shit

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Chip, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So in response to the owner of chic-fil-a's bigoted statements, the Jim Henson Organization immediately terminated their agreement with chic-fil-a, because JHO is an outspoken supporter of gay rights.

This terminated the availability of Muppet toys to chic-fil-a customers. But instead of simply owning up to the dispute, or even saying something nondescript, chic-fil-a management instead decided to lie their asses off and claim that the Muppet toys were unsafe, and chic-fil-a is "voluntarily recalling" them.

Pieces of shit.

[​IMG]

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I saw this. If they think that their "christian opposition of gay marriage" is important.. Then I would think that they would put some value on telling the truth. I mean that is one of the 10 commandments.

3. Katelynn

Just goes to further discredit themselves is all this does. They may think what they are doing with this statement is saving face, but in fact, they are just embarrassing themselves & showing how unable they are to face reality in general. I call it the One Million Moms blowback effect! lol

4. fireworks

fireworks Guest

WAITWAITWAIT.

The Muppets are pro-gay?
    I did not think it would be possible for me to love them more than I did five minutes ago... Guess I was wrong :astonished:

5. Sanssouci

They still haven't figured out how the Internet works..

6. GayJay

I'm confused.. What is all this about Chic-fil-a?
    I know it's something to do with gay rights but what did they do?

7. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

8. Ridiculous

Do any other non-US individuals (who haven't actually heard of this brand before) pronounce it "Chick-filler"? Because I do, and it's a stupid name.

9. DanA

Ok, while I'm with everyone here in terms of a personal boycott of Chick-fil-a it is also important to remember that it is a wide franchise owned by different people with different beliefs. It's like during the BP oil spill when people boycotted BP gas stations. Well, most of the BP stations barely used BP brand gas and were owned by local people and operated at a local level, not by BP execs.

Honestly, a customer boycott of Chick-fil-a isn't going to do much more than hurt those local commmunity branches (like the one that just opened in West Hollywood... WTF were they thinking?!?!). I have a feeling the Chick-fil-as in Texas are going to do just fine. What hurts Chick-fil-a is when their sponsers pull out, like The Jim Henson Company. That really get's their attention. We can hurt Chick-fil-a by pressuring their sponsors to not partner with Chick-fil-a or any of their subsidiaries.

10. ANightDude

Can they legally make a claim like this? I'm not an expert on legal matters or anything like that, but is such a false claim (and outright lie) legally allowed and protected?

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm still curious guys..what's an icedream cone?

12. Sherri

Ice Dreams are delicious, and definitely the only reason I'm ever tempted to go to Chick-fil-a. It's ice cream made without milk so it's low-calorie and tastes like something somewhere between frozen yogurt and actual ice cream.

I saw this posted earlier on Facebook. I thought one of those Ten Commandment thingies was "Thou Shalt Not Lie", but when you're a fundamentalist, you can pretty much pick and choose things from your belief system to support your own prejudices and hatred, right?

Also, in another +1 for Henson Co., all money received from the partnership with Chick-fil-a was donated to GLAAD, an LGBT advocacy group.

YOU GO JIM HENSON COMPANY! (!) :eusa_danc

13. suninthesky

Good question! I wonder how they can get away with this.

14. LailaForbidden

Aren't there laws against libel? I mean, for gods sake... where are the journalists? the lawyers? why doesn't anyone do their damn job in this country anymore? Ugh. Well.. there is a good side to this... i have rekindled my love for the muppets :grin:

15. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Consumerist.com has an article on this. They questioned why, if there's a safety issue, no report has been made to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

Chik-fil-a apparently has been tapdancing, but finally admitted (quietly) that it isn't anything other than a "voluntary recall" and doesn't have to do with safety.

Dumbass bigoted Christians just continue to dig their own hole deeper.

16. DanA

On a side note, I love all the different ways "Chick-fil-a" is spelled in this thread:

Chic-fil-a
    Chik-fil-a
    Chick-fil-a
    Chick-filler

lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. Aquilo

I guess it's good news that society has progressed so far that those chick-filets preferred to lie instead of mentioning something like this 'We aren't allowed to give muppet toys away because we hate gay people'

Good job Jim Henson Company : )

18. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They can be homophobes if they want but they DID NOT just go after the Muppets. Shit is getting real.

19. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

And in case you thought this couldn't get any sleazier:

Did Chick-fil-A Pretend to Be a Teenage Girl on Facebook?

There's evidence to suggest that their PR people created a fake Facebook account of a teenage girl and used the façade to defend Chick-fil-A on their page. It seems pretty likely to me that it was someone from the company: what kind of person quotes a bible passage in one comment and says "durr" in the next? That seems more like someone trying to pass off as someone else than something an actual person might do. Especially when the bible passage they mention is "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Shameless fucks.

20. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow... Chick-fil-a does not know the first thing about PR. They have to be really stupid to make a fake facebook account just to counter claims made about them. I don't understand why they did not just use the group to comment back. I have a feeling that this will be in crisis PR classes for years to come... and not in a positive way.