1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chicago Chick-fil-A owner wants to talk with Emanuel

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Dan82

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...police-sergeant-deep-chicago-roots-restaurant

2. LisforLisa

The owner of Chick fil a can have whatever opinion he wants. But the Chick fil a isn't owned by him but another person. She'll lose money if can't have her business there. I really don't care what your stance on gay marriage is. Unless you don't try to stop us from marrying I'm okay.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wonder if the franchise operators are bound by the bigotry of the parent franchise operator? Or, for that matter, the religious values?

For example, are franchisees prohibited from being open on Sunday by corporate? Could a local franchise sponsor the city's Pride parade?

These are interesting questions, and I bet a lot of franchise operators are, right now, wondering how much they're stuck with corporate bigotry that doesn't represent their own values.

4. J Snow

I posted this story in the other Chic-Fil-A thread, but I found out from my assistant manager tonight that a Chic-Fil-A employee came into our subway I work at and was trying to was telling our employees they need to come try their new "Queer Bashin' Cordon Bleu."

I told him that he should be grateful I wasn't working, because there is no way I would have served someone like that.

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^I don't know if the person was joking and trying to make light of the bigoted situation or was actually being a bigoted ass. It's hard to tell. Did the Assistant Manager say how the Chick-Fil-A employee was saying it?

As for the actual story, in a way this does make a good point. While I'm sure some Chick-Fil-A are indeed run by the corporation. There are others run by franchisees, and by saying "we won't have one here" it could cause issues with the person themselves. The one in Boston that was trying to be set up however sounds more like the corporation wanting to set one up and wasn't owned by a franchisee (yet) so in their case, they can stay out of Boston.

6. J Snow

He made it sound like the dude was being pretty bigoted, but I didn't actually hear the person say it to know for myself.

On the issue of most Chic-Fil-A's being franchises, I'm still not giving them my money either. If their franchises start losing money I feel that will pressure them to complain to corporate about their stance and it could still make a difference.

7. sguyc

Lol, like Rahm gives a fuck what she wants.