1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hope Christian School rejects student because of gay parents

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Menaki-Neko, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    "Hope Christian School" in New Mexico rejects a three-year-old's enrollment because his parents are gay.
    Hope Christian School In New Mexico Rejects 3-Year-Old Because Of Gay Parents (VIDEO)

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And God forbid they'd take the opportunity to educate the sweet, lovely 3 year old about the heathen life he's exposed to on a daily basis.

The hypocrisy of these sort of bigots never ceases to amaze me.

3. Loras

I didn't think Christians had a big problem with gays i thought it was more Catholics?

4. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    I don't mean to be rude, but Catholics are Christians.

5. Mogget

In the US, the Catholic, Mormon, and various evangelical churches are the big voices against LGBT people. Other churches vary in their opinions, but tend not to be as vocal either for or against gay rights.

6. speedboy3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I know my church doesn't really care. I mean they'll preach that the "ideal lifestyle" is heterosexual, but they don't go around saying "oh you're gay? Well I guess you're going to hell then."

7. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In fact, 99.9% of Christians are Catholic, they're just not Roman Catholic.

Catholic means Universal and there is a basic set of beliefs which Christians share, that are universal. (Jesus, Redeemer, Judgement Day, Son of God, Holy Spirit, Virgin Birth etc)

Personally, I wonder why gay parents would want to send their child to such a school, given that they probably knew what the response would be. It would be the last place on my list.

Isn't that just being provocative? :eek:

8. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

The child is better off not attending this school anyway.

9. Bradley

Many hardcore evangelicals consider Catholicism a cult.

10. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My Catholic church colors pink during gay pride.. They're extremely supportive.
    At least in my country, it's certain other religions that are homophobic (Islam, Protestantism).
    I always find it so weird to hear that Catholicism is considered like, the 'worse' religion across the ocean, when it's considered a very open and progressive religion here.

#10 justinf, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  11. Emberstone

if this school has prayer in school, the book of matthew says these teachers and sending the kids straight to hell, because the bible forbides praying in public, saying it is sinful, and the behaviors of charletans.

12. Romi

I do have to wonder why the parents chose to send their child to such a place for education. Now, the case may be that they are Christians themselves and wanted the same set of beliefs instilled into their son. Some Christians are gay. Some gays are Christian. That's just how it is. And there is nothing wrong with that. But if that is the case...Then I wonder if they had done any research on this particular educational establishment.

With religion and homosexuality being at so many odds, I would think that any couples of the same sex would realize the level of care they need to take when enrolling, or trying to enroll, their child in a religious school. But maybe I'm the only one who takes the time to think about that. It could even be that they were just misguided about how much they could trust this school. Regardless...

To move on to the School itself.

To claim Christianity is a heavy thing in my opinion. I have recently come to the conclusion that there are two basic types of Christians. I say basic because not everything is black and white as we well know. However, this school represents one side of those two types of Christians I discovered.

How can they possibly feel confident in their biblical teachings if they do not support those teachings by accepting this child into their school? You would think that because of his home life with having two "sinners" as parents, that the leaders of this school would jump at the chance to take this young impressionable mind under their wing and conform him, teach him the wrong ways of his parents, yadda yadda. I mean...I'm not saying I would want that, but in the mind of a bigot...why would you not try to change someone to think like you if you had the chance?

To see them reject this innocent child shows more of their ugly true selves then they probably realize. They might be wonderful people in every other aspect of life, but to do this shows me one thing. They are no better than anyone else, and they are lacking in God's love. Because any Christian knows...God is Love. And Christians are told to love and teach, no matter what or where or who or how or why.

13. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree, Romi. Personally, I think it is the parents that instill values in a child rather than a school. Schools can provide a framework, but the child's focus is on its immediate family and how they behave is the determining factor, in my opinion.

The school's reaction indicates to me that the authorities fear a conflict of values and, as a parent, the last place I would deliberately place my child would be in the middle of a "minefield".

14. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

What the hell? That poor, sweet three-year-old. My heart breaks for that child. Personally, I don't have any problem with Christians. If they respect me and my beliefs, I'll respect them and theirs. This, however, is just wrong. They went too far. For me, the moment some homophobic Jesus-freak tells me off for wearing rainbow peraphenalia (<--probably spelled that wrong...)or holding my gfs hand in public is the moment I lose all respect for that person. Then, I think I deserve to give them a piece of my mind.:tantrum:

#14 AshenAngel, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2012