1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Research Poll Shows Significant Rise In Support For Gay Marriage In Democrats

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Menaki-Neko, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    Democrats Now Strongly Favor Gay Marriage, Pew Research Poll Says

A new research poll shows that many Democrats now strongly favor gay marriage.

2. Aeon Magus

:eusa_clap

Coming soon... to a theatre country near you:

Change & Acceptance.

But even so, I have this awful feeling in my gut that those that are opposed will still perpetrate the many heinous acts being done to the LGBT community worldwide. Yeah yeah, a grim view of mine, but it's there - nagging at the back of my mind.
    There's always some nutjob, somewhere, that gets these twisted ideas, y'know. :eusa_doh:

3. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

Democrats for the most part, are more supportive of equality and gay rights than Republicans. If the US ends up having a Republican President.. everything will probably go downhill as far as gay rights go. We need to have Obama as President again, even if he's not doing the greatest job, because if Mitt Romney becomes President, none of us will probably like it at all.

4. SkyDiver

Unfortunately, there will always be those people. Every group is opposed by someone.

The thing that will change, however, is the tolerance afforded to these individuals. Homophobes are becoming more and more irrelevant. More and more people want nothing to do with them.

5. SunSparks

What SkyDiver said... I do see it exactly that way. But having taken a US government class recently, I know that while one side may support it, theres no way that that is enough to get things passed through Congress. I mean just take the recent national debt deficient committee they put together - they didn't even try to compromise. They just sat there and did nothing! WTH - the job of the government is to make those compromises... argh! Anyways, we always new this but its more of getting the opposition to die down rather than the undecided...