1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Police Chief under investigation for bring Chick-Fil-A into work on Chick-Fil-A day

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BradThePug, Aug 8, 2012.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Officer

I don't know about this... In the article it said that there had been no other incidents involving this officer. It's that officer's right to eat what he wants. It would be different if he said or did something to the lesbian officers. I just don't think that anything wrong was done here...

2. Hot Pink

Re: Police Chief under investigation for bring Chick-Fil-A into work on Chick-Fil-A d

In the privacy of his own, personal time? No, he can eat where he likes and have any opinion as well. In a professional setting, your beliefs and opinions that aren't part of your job should be checked at the door.

That's getting ahead of this particular issue, though. The article doesn't describe everything that happened. Maybe the officer didn't know about Chicken-Fil-A Day and just wanted to have one of their sandwiches that day? Or maybe he made it a point to eat it in front of the lesbian officers in a goading way, which led to a confrontation. It's never described in this article. Without that context, it does look like the officer was transferred for just eating a sandwich, which is ridiculous. I don't think that could happen, so I am inclined to believe that we're missing a huge chunk of the story.

3. IrisM

Re: Police Chief under investigation for bring Chick-Fil-A into work on Chick-Fil-A d

I agree with hot pink. Without the entire context it's hard to say what was going on.

4. NickD

Oh ffs he was eating a chicken sandwich. Everyone is so freaking sensitive in this country. People are going to say and do things that may be insulting, but they're not illegal. That's the price we pay for having the right to speak our minds.

While he may have been eating it to prove a point, the officers who complained blew it out of proportion. Even here, I will confess, I have eaten at Chik-Fil-A. I don't do it often, but if someone offers to pay or if it's the last place I pass on an exit, I'll eat there (although that is often not the case because they are closed Sundays...)

There are bigger fish to fry (or chickens?) than eating a freaking sandwich. Now go to a Chik-Fil-A and order while holding your partner's hand. I guarantee Dan Cathy will find it more galling that gays frequent his restaurants rather than avoid them...

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

My biggest concern is we don't know the whole story. It says not just the getting of the food but he made comments and actions towards others. So perhaps, it is worth it.

6. Tim

Tim

Just from what we know, there's nothing wrong there. He ordered a damn chicken sandwich for lunch, god forbid he bring it to work like every other person there does with their food.

However, we don't know the full story, as others have said.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

wtf. If he really just went to chick-fil-a and got a sandwich, whether or not he was supporting them on that day, it's his right. It's a damn sandwich. Now... an enlightened person wouldn't support them but that's a different argument. :slight_smile:

8. dano22

dano22 Guest

Personally this whole Chick-Fil-A thing is getting out of hand and I don't have one near me or have I ever been to one. Yes I would probably of boycotted the fast food chain just like I boycotted anything Chuck Norris when I found out he was anti-gay not that l liked him to begin with.