1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First openly lesbian General in the US Army!

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Pauline, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Pauline

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome!!

3. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As usual, the scum that passes for humanity in the comments section disgusts me...

4. Hot Pink

I say that this is an amazing day for her and I'm glad that she's able to be herself in her workplace. After nearly 20 years of oppression, I can't imagine being in that situation myself.

Also, the people who comment on these things are always the scourge of the human race. Some openly insult every female soldier who's serving right now and they're patted on the back for it. You know what? Screw them. Our female soldiers are out there fighting for their right to say sexist shit like that right now.

5. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
    Wow, Just wow...That is amazing. :icon_bigg

6. Hiems

Kudos to her. She is making history and increasing the visibility of the LGBT community :slight_smile:

7. GreenRaven

it's a really awesome article, and i caught myself getting misty-eyed when they mentioned her having her wife pin her star onto her.

i keep going back to check it though cause i actually went off on two of the people who were in a mini chat thread XD so far i've gotten 2 likes for what i said and no dislikes LOL

first person said gays are why america is going to the shitter, and then continued to comment that if we didn't stop, we'd end up grouped together wearing yellow triangles pinned to our jackets....

other person sits there and claims he's so smart and he makes so much money and just likes to post things like how the gays are less than him, especially since they can't procreate, and how it's a choice people make when they're just not attractive enough for the opposite sex (or something like that) because it's FUNNY to him. it's funny to him to sit there and make derogatory comments about people.

needless to say, i snapped. and essentially said something along the lines about how i would be proud to wear a damned triangle because it would mean that at least i was human unlike the conceited homophobic bastards who think they're better than gays just because they're not them. and that the other guy should learn to read because being gay has been scientifically proven to be genetic, and then proceeded to call him a narcissistic prick who got off on being a grown up school yard bully. XD

eh heh heh....i'm not even on t yet and i have anger issues XD

usually i do just try to ignore the comments...but when someone sits there and says we're gonna end up like the jews did when hitler was around if we "don't stop making america go to the shitter"....i'm not gonna take that sitting down. no way.

#7 GreenRaven, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012