1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Family Research Council guard shot

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by ArcusPravus, Aug 15, 2012.

1. ArcusPravus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Full Article

2. Emberstone

hope the guard is okay, but I wouldnt be shocked if it turns out FRC hired the shooter in an attempt to get people who demonize gay people.

3. Gen

Gen

Yep....I'm feeling conspiracy...... >_>......<_<......

4. Vesper

I honestly wouldn't put it past a hate group like FRC to do something like that just to bolster its "cred". That said, I'm sure there is a small contingent within the LGBT community that would consider committing crimes like this as a form of radical activism.

Whatever the case may be, we can be sure that FRC is going to be screeching to hell and back about this as a perceived attack on their "religious freedom" and angling for sympathy by claiming that they're all in mortal danger because of those violent, unhinged homosexuals.

#4 Vesper, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah...just seems a bit suspicious to me that after this long, now all of a sudden an attack...

6. Zontar

Uh, no.

For some strange reason, we're in a rash of mass shootings, and the media's glorification of these meaningless nobodies is only contributing to the problem.

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wouldn't say that the media is glorifying them. They are reporting information that people want to know. The media only broadcasts what interests the people that are in their viewing area.

I'm glad to see that the guard is going to be ok. It sucks that people decide that shooting people is the best way to deal with their problems.

8. Emberstone

it would be basically impossible for them to prove the homosexual agenda had anything to do this, as unlike the homophobe agenda represented by FRC/AFA/FotF/WBC/etc, gay rights groups are not calling for violence.

9. Dan82

Official: Suspect criticized group before shooting

10. Emberstone

is there any evidence of accomplices.

From everything I have read so far, it seem this was a lone wolf situation.

11. Kidd

Kidd Guest

What really pisses me off about this is that people like Tony Perkins say that the "demonization" (which is actually just really accurate reporting) of groups like his must end because it provokes violence, but then sees absolutely nothing wrong at all with his own rhetoric, and completely resolves himself of any anti-LGBT hate crimes or suicides that are inspired by it. I guarantee you that all of us are going to be painted with the same brush as this psychotic gunman before the week is over, probably during an interview on Fox News. Anyone want to bet on it?

12. Emberstone

tony perkins believes that violence can only be commited against christians (and jews when he is pretending to care about them because he using isreal to create the illusion that he is not religiously bigotted towards other faiths, though he is).