1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay activist goes undercover at NOM anti-gay student conference

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Doctor Faustus, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Doctor Faustus

2. Gen

Gen

I do appreciate you posting this, but I couldnt do it. My mind cannot fathom that much bullsh*t in one place. I only skimmed through and I already feel dumber (゜-゜).

I think we all know these things arent true so I wont even waste my breath on the validity of them. I couldnt imagine being the person that went undercover. I only watch half of a four minute video and I think I will need some time to recover. I'm not even sad or hurt or anything, I just seriously............... cannot comprehend the logic (・_・; ).

3. Hot Pink

This guy has way more courage and self-control than I do. It's commendable what he did and to expose the true face of NOM as, in fact, a hate group. Also, I already know that most people who say, "I'm not anti-gay, I'm anti-gay marriage" are full of crap--most of the time. Some are genuine, but you can usually tell when they're not. When they mean it, they don't spew venom from their mouths.

4. Markio

I liked the part toward the end when he met a female student at the conference and decided to be honest with her about how he actually felt about the rhetoric used, and she listened and responded in a way that led him to reflect on how similar pro-family and pro-gay people can be, in terms of valuing love as the basis for a committed relationship. It's too bad that each side is seen as mutually exclusive.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sucks that some people actually believe this stuff... It was brave of the journalist to go and do this story though. It really does expose the true "hate group" side of NOM.

6. Pain

Pain Guest

I kinda wish that this was available before the Great Dinner Table Debate.

7. RainDreamer

I don't get how those speakers can speak about how gay marriage can turn the children bad when they are themselves actively teaching the kids hatred and interlorance, discrimination against a group of people, and tell them those people all deserved death. Isn't that the same thing the Nazi used to teach kids about Jews?

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being a writer I feel slightly jealous of where this guy is in his career lol, but same time, extremely fascinating post :slight_smile:

9. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

Typical religious vomit. Okay I just threw up all over my keyboard at the though of the reek of bile and dogma I would have to digest if I attended that conference.

Next.

10. stephenjack

this guy is really taking one for the team. he has the bravery to do this, and go UNDERCOVER and pretend to hate gays even though he is one just for his love for journalism. that's dedication. i personally, couldn't hold my stomach down to this much b***s***. and the urge to punch one of them would be too great. i can't even imagine..good luck though, your going to need it!

11. Praetor

That was really interesting. Creepy, and somewhat saddening, but still interesting.

You have to think in these instances that at least one of these strong anti-gay marriage activists are just trying to detract attention from their own sexuality...

12. everett

This made me cry. =(

13. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

No need to let such stupidity get to you, mate. NOM & co know they are losing this war so they are only going to double down and intensify the hatred out of desperation as their last days continue to approach. Don't cry, laugh at them. Or maybe pity them.

14. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was thinking the same thing. ^^^

I always find it so idiotic when they claim that kids of gay couples are more likely to be gay. First of all, that's not a bad thing if it was true, although apparently to them it is. Straight parents give birth to and raise kids who turn out gay. Kids of gay parents aren't more likely to be gay, but they are more likely to come out and feel safe and loved if they are gay. Which gay kid is more likely to be depressed and have low-self esteem, one who is raised by anti-gay parents or one raised by supportive and affirming parents? God help those poor kids being raised in the anti-gay families. :icon_sad: