1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now we're being blamed for natural disasters?!

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by musikk021, Aug 31, 2012.

1. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  2. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Religious nuts have been blaming us for shit for a long time.

Ever heard of westboro baptist church? They protest funerals and disasters like the Batman movie shooting claiming it's god's work because of the gays. It's horrible stuff but unfortunately there are horrible people out there.

3. Schabanak

outrageous...

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I blame the Republican National Convention, personally.

5. IllusiveRannoch

hmmmmm.... i could have some fun with the weather then in that case.:badgrin:

6. Emberstone

but the blowing of all that hot air caused issac to veer away from tampa... wait... the blame stills stands, cause they sent it right into lousiana.

7. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hahaha :thumbsup:

8. Aldrick

Sorry, that was my fault. The huge gay orgy that I invited everyone too caused the baby Jesus to start to weep. Sorry about the flooding!

In all seriousness, we're blamed for pretty much every natural disaster and horrible event that takes place. I still remember when Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell blamed us for 9/11. This is nothing new.

9. Romi

When I hear things like this...I just laugh. It's just so unbelievably ridiculous that I can't even take these people seriously. For me, it's not as insulting as it is really good entertainment.

Still...I see where it's an issue. Obviously.

10. J Snow

Yeah, this is nothing new unfortunately. I kind of got raised being told this kind of stuff by my school and family.

11. TrueBlue8228

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Absolute nonsense...

TB

12. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It just never ceases to amaze and surprise me just how stupid and ignorant people can be, especially these religious bigots. How can anyone with a brain even think to attribute anything like this to the LGBT community? How in the hell do they assume this ridiculous correlation?! It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

13. BNQ2012

It's dumb but I've heard that kind of rhetoric before. Gays tend to be the most convenient target for people who blame the "moral decay" of society for everything from natural disasters to their own problems.

14. SunSparks

HAHAHA, I love this.

Personally, I think its really funny for people to stand there and agree to the wacko. Where do they even get such an idea, certainly not from a sane person's mind. Might as well say, look there, a gay person! Don't stand too close or else he will cause rain to fall upon you. WHAT?

15. vyvance

Sodom and Gomorrah version 2.0?

16. Markio

"Rain, rain, go away, I'm not lesbian or gay..."

17. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Evidently, anything they say about is is going to be ignorant, offensive, and completely baseless.

I can't help but laugh at it now. Just another showing of how they're so vindictive and hateful. All they care about is slandering us, because saying shit like this does two things: First, it gets them publicity. Second, it gets them a chance to profit off the publicity.It's a double victory for them. Not a surprise that the link to their blog contains a bunch of advertisements and donation links. Getting published in a high-profile online newspaper like the Huffington Post is exactly what the author of that article wanted.

Initially this type of stuff did get on my nerves, because we always get blamed for everything as if we didn't already receive enough hate. But lately I've just realized the only way to deal with it is to laugh. Because if I do get mad, it'll be all too tempting to let this eat at me.

Still, this is a load of dangerous BS. What if some gullible person reads this, gets incensed and commits a hate crime against an LGBT person? Imagine the hate that they're spreading through this, even if it's laughable to us.

It drives me crazy that these fundies want to make a killing, both literally and figuratively off of us. It's important to realize that, because this isn't entirely harmless. What that blog says reflects the attitude of a bunch of Americans.

By reinforcing homophobia with this BS, they really are endangering our well-being. It's a mistake to write them off like that, though I can understand why you would.

Basically, I find this to be depressing and humorous, but it's also the stuff that makes you wanna slit your wrists. Not because the hate gets to you, but because of how petty people can be.

18. Gen

Gen

I think we should all speak for ourselfs. I dont know about you guys, but I've been known to summon some plagues of the darkest demeanor in my day ( ̄ー ̄).

I usually stay under the radar, and would have gotten away with it this time too if it wasnt for meddling -Homophobic Radical- Kids!!

19. Mango

So what about all of the Baptist churches that have been destroyed by tornadoes and hurricanes?

....Hey! What are dem preachers doin' inside dem churches, anyways? :eusa_naug

#19 Mango, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  20. IrisM

This, definitely this.

On a more serious note, I like to think that all the idiotic, ridiculous bullcrap that they say is just further proof that they have no real reason for their actions other than blind bigotry and simply grasp at anything and be like 'omg it's them, it was them!'. The way they act just makes sensible people more and more disgusted as time goes on, especially the WBC, who managed to pretty much piss off everyone across the board by saying things like the 6 year old batman shooting victim was going to hell and trying to protest the memorial.

As someone who has suffered ridicule and been shunned from her very youngest years and still receives such treatment I pretty much have seen stuff like this a rather lot. It is upsetting that people say things like this, but the upsetting feeling comes not from the obviously preposterous ideas they put forth, but rather the intent behind them. The fact that they are so miserable with their own selves and their own lives where they feel the need to lash out at people, to put the blame for the world's ills on others, saddens me. I hope that one day, even a small fraction of these people will manage to overcome those personal difficulties and learn to accept others as well as heal themselves of their emotional scars, because the world would be a much nicer, kinder place if we could put aside all of this negativity.