1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LNP Senator compares gay marriage with bestiality

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Pseudojim, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In order to avoid confusing our American friends, it should be noted that the Australian Liberal Party is actually the more conservative of the two main parties.

Bernardi resigns over gay marriage remarks

It should be noted that the opposition leader Tony Abbott stopped short of explicitly condemning the comments.

And then, later on....

Busy day for beastly Bernardi on samesame.com.au

2. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, just wow :eusa_doh:

3. NickD

The distinction that Bernardi failed to make was that gay couples are not stealing or taking advantage of anything from each other. A dog can't consent to a sexual relationship and a child cannot either, and so those "relationships" as I hope we all agree are immoral. But as far as two adults of the same gender living in a healthy relationship, there is no one being taken advantage of.

Interesting post, thanks.

4. DarkClarity

I'd be surprised if the Tories do cancel Bernardi’s speaking date considering that there are many of them who share this views. Its just official party policy to support same-sex marriage. I don't know what the politicial impact will be like in Australia but here in Britain I doubt that anyone unless they have Australian ties or are interested in Australian politics knows who this man is. So I don't think it'll make much of a difference whether he's allowed to speak or not. I do however, hope that the Tories do tell him to piss off but I doubt it'll happen. I don't really know much about Austrialian politics and how big of a politicial figure he is. Both he and Tony Abbott sound like horrible close-minded people.

Anyone who uses the phrase "homosexual agenda" is an idiot in my view. Also "militant homosexual lobby"? What the hell? They are people campaigning for LGBT citizens to be treated equally not a group of evil cock-hungry activist who will turn you as soon as they touch you. They're human beings just like you not fucking vampires. Fucking morons. Humanity why do you insist on making me so angry?! Anywho, my mini-rant is over.

5. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    he was unknown before this incident.

Both he and tony abbott are unmitigated cuntrags and i wish ill health and misery upon them.

6. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bernardi pulls out of UK summit

7. Tell her when she can go find a dog that can sign a marriage contract, then we can make that comparison. People don't understand the words TWO. CONSENTING. ADULTS.

#7 wonderingdave01, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2012
  8. spectrumsigner

EXACTLY!! Two consenting adults = okay. Why is this so hard to understand?

9. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The "slippery slope" to bestiality is stupid and well-worn. I would love to see an original heterosexist argument.

As far as the slippery slope to polygamy goes, I want to be more nuanced here, because I do in fact support polyamory. He's just a douche with no imagination . I don't really know what else to say.