1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"How Women Will Be Hurt by Gay Marriage"

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Dan82

http://blog.beliefnet.com/kingdomofpriests/2009/06/how-women-will-be-hurt-by-gay-marriage.html

:eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh:

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry, but if Joshua Berman thinks that feminism and male homosexualities are on a crash course because he worries men won't find women attractive or nearly as exciting after having sex with other men, that's just too bad. It is not our duty to have sex with women, and that's not a valid way of being hurt. The fact that he seems to think it is our duty makes him an ideological rapist. End of story.

Now, to move to the rest of what's problematic about his account. Is he aware that gay and bisexual women even exist? The whole way his bit is written, the argument (as terrible as it is) could be applied to women too. I mean, clearly once a woman has fucked another one, nothing that a man could give her would possibly be that good. So if we encourage lesbianism, men will suffer. Oh wait! He doesn't make that argument, because he's so focused on condemning gay and bisexual men. His account completely erases lesbians and bi women, so it doesn't even make a complete account about homosexualities anyway.

Aside from that, his concern for feminist perspectives is not even close to genuine, or else he would interrogate the history of socially authoritarian religious intellectuals (who, let's face it, have a shitty track record).

3. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

So the argument from that mess, if I'm reading it right is...

If LGBTQ people become fully accepted and integrated into society, this will cause lots of men who aren't gay to experiment with other men. They will all find that having sex with men is more satisfying than being with women. Thus women will not be able to hold onto any man as husband since every man has basically become gay and prefers to be with men. Therefore, same-sex marriage hurts women.

My head hurts from the stupidity. :bang:

Religion kills brain cells.

4. SkyDiver

Sounds about right. Which we WILL achieve.

And that's a problem.... how?

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    But, think of all the women who will never get to enjoy your cock. You're hurting them!

6. Eponine

The article itself is what's hurting women.

7. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Actually, he briefly touches on why he is only talking about male homosexuals with his comment about anatomy, and it is part of his subtle sexism. His whole argument, after all, is basically that you need to have a man to achieve true sexual satisfaction- for both men and women:

So basically that sums up his entire argument. Everyone, male and female, naturally craves dick to obtain the greatest sexual satisfaction. Men will obviously then prefer to stick with other men, while women will be out-competed for men since they don't have the right genitals to offer.

Utterly asinine. Also I wonder if the author is a closet-case, since his argument is based on the idea that gay sex is more fun than straight sex. Either way he is deluded if he thinks all women want him.

8. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I didn't read that paragraph as an acknowledgment of women. In fact, I found it to be an even more damning erasure. The very fact that he thinks all women crave dick means that he automatically doesn't give a shit about lesbians or bi women at all.

Also, I did find that paragraph kind of funny, and the picture of it made me almost shoot the tea I'm drinking through my nose. It does not say what he think it says, because my basic grasp of anatomy is that if a guy who enjoys having sex with women can also enjoy it with a guy, then he's doing some chicks up the butt. Except, wait a minute, he's religious so that can't be okay. But I guess my basic grasp of anatomy is wrong. We have vaginas.

EDIT: Of course, the more charitable I get, the stupider his argument sounds, because if he's just saying men enjoy penetration and that's it, then he still has to account for why so many of us enjoy bottoming. He also has to account for why we don't want to stick our cocks into Caesar salad.

#8 Pret Allez, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  9. Level75

That sounds pretty good, actually.

10. Gold Griffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well, if the anti-feminists are correct, feminism will turn women into lesbians, so problem solved.

Oh wait, then no one will have any children anymore, and humanity will go extinct. Because that is what liberals want because they worship Gaia the earth, hence the legalization of abortion and pro-environment measures.

/real life conservatives' views

11. Emberstone

I wonder if the conservative bible thumpers realize jesus never talked about abortion or homosexuality... and in the book of Numbers, God commands abortions to be preformed.

12. Pain

Pain Guest

Um, wouldn't the same go for women too? Women can be gay too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, not according to Joshua Berman.

14. silkfrog1292

If only it was that easy...I wouldn't have problems getting a boyfriend, and so many of us wouldn't have to deal with falling in love with straight guys. Lol

The stupidity of that article is unbelievable

15. Hot Pink

The fundamental religious's agenda to turn homosexual men against feminists is actually a very old dividing tactic. They've been trying since the the mid-20th Century. Most of us see through this obvious tactic, though. It also assumes that most--if not all--feminists are lesbians, though, which is why it's so face-palm worthy.

16. spectrumsigner

This is all kinds of ridiculous. Then again, so is the whole fundie agenda. I go to a super-strict Fundie (Southern Baptist) college, and pretty much everyone thinks like this. Sad that there are so many people who actually buy into this stupidity. Sad but TRUE.

---------- Post added 24th Sep 2012 at 05:16 PM ----------

I feel like this is what they're saying, but I can't even deal with how illogical and dumb that is... I just... I can't... *brain short-circuits*

17. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That article hurt my brain... It makes no sense at all.

18. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

This guy is an idiot. It seems he has forgotten that there is in fact a percentage of the female population that DOES NOT WANT anything to do with having sex with men, myself included. Fucking moron....:bang:

19. patience

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh wow. I can't even wrap my brain around the misogyny in this little piece of word vomit. This kind of thought process scares the crap out of me.

20. madi

He must be gay....Why else would he think that only a dick can satisfy people sexually?