1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Boy Scout, Bullied by Troop, Denied Eagle Rank

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Dan82

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/boy-scout-bullied-denied-eagle-rank-gay/story?id=17401340#.UG-SBK7y-So

2. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So very sad and pathetic of the scouts. Go Ryan, stay strong, we all know you earned the Eagle award, forget the ignorant morons.

3. Doctor Faustus

4. Ticklish Fish

5. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

We the Eagle Scouts of America believe in community, respect, honesty, integrity, loyalty, generosity, compassion and love for your fellow man. We encourage young people to make choices based on a strict moral code of conduct which emphas- Oh wait? You're gay!?!?!?!

Gay! Gay! Gay! We don't tolerate gays! Get out gays! Gays are not deserving of anything we have to offer! Fags! Queers! Let's smear charcoal on the Tinkerbell and parade the limp wristed fairy ass loser around! Fags! Gay! Gay! Gay! We don't tolerate gays! Get out gays! Gays are not deserving of anything we have to offer! Fags!

#5 ArcherySet, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2012
  6. Praetor

I just can't believe this. The Boy Scouts are meant to instill qualities that society as a whole usually agrees are good things - teamwork, community involvement, respect, etc. And yet this policy goes against many of those same virtues they want to teach.

I hope that one day they'll see the error of their ways...

7. Thyker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think the worst part is the fact that for his service project he constructed a "Tolerance Wall" at a local middle school and then the BSA showed intolerance towards him. :dry:

8. This Is sick. :bang:

9. Veneficus

This is just absolutely horrible. I am part of a troop near where this happened and it only further discourages me from wanting to even try for eagle. I know one boy was denied his eagle in my troop after doing all the requirements for "not having scout spirit". I doubt they'd even hesitate to deny me mine for being gay. My mother knows how much i hate the scouts for doing stuff like this, but she still forces me to be a part of it. The only benefit i can see from getting eagle anymore is because it looks good on a resume and you can get scholarships with it, not so i can "learn to be a better person".

10. Jonah 4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Mattis, if you believe there is a good chance you will be found out before you get your eagle, , I would let it slip sooner rather than later in the process.

Some local scout groups choose to look over such things, though what you've said it doesn't sound like yours is one of those.

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Already signed the petition. Though I doubt it will make much difference...