1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why we need to vote for Obama!

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by stephenjack, Oct 9, 2012.

1. stephenjack

Why Obama Now - YouTube

this is why Obama is a great leader and needs to continue another term to push the US into greatness and prosperity once again....thanks for watching:slight_smile:

2. SkyDiver

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: :goodluck:

3. Emberstone

If anything, it pisses off mike... just kidding.

The reason we need to relect obama is simple: in four years, he has reversed the collpase set in motion by the very same policies that Romney has spent the last year proposing, which is basically a copy of the bush policies that DESTROYED THE WORLD ECONAMY, but on STEROIDS.

'nuff said.

4. YeonAh

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I wish I was a US citizen just so I could vote for him...that guy's awesome :slight_smile:

It's funny how more people in Canada (that I've talked to) care about the USA elections than our own...because what happens to our southern neighbors affects us too. Or maybe they're just more entertaining to watch. Probably both.

Either way. Canada rooting for Obama!

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :slight_smile: I loved the video

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Or just against Romney. Same result, different attitude.

7. Emberstone

there is only one country outside of america that I could confidently say want Romney to win, and that is his favorate buisness partner, China.

8. sguyc

What policies did Obama change regarding the economy that forestalled an economic collapse? If I recall corretly, he threw money at the problem through bailouts and stimulous (something that Bush did as well) and kept taxes low (something that Bush did as well). I am pretty sure Romney would have handled the situation exactly the same, except maybe been a little more responsible regarding where the stimulous money went.

9. Emberstone

he restructured the bailouts and stimulus. Bush simply threw money around with no strings attached. Obama said if you are going to get bailout money, you have to pay it back with interest. the bailout obama pushed was a initial investment of around 700billion dollars, and currently, it has been reduced through paybacks, to around 30billion at last count (which was about a year and a half ago, and I havent found an updated number for that). As for stimulus, he worked to try to break down the red tape surrounding the projects to get them going, which was hampering many of them. As for taxes, Republicans blocked fixing the tax system, so he focused instead on restructuring certain taxes, while waiting for the bush taxes to expire so then it can be fixed.

examples on restructuing key taxes included multiple tax breaks for ACTUAL small buisenesses (the rigged republican system allows the largest companies on earth to register as small buisnesses, effectively giving some a tax rate of a negative number, meaning billions of dollars in rebates are funneled into those mega coorporations). He also pushed through tax credits for seniors, for buying fuel efficent cars (to also help sales for the auto-industry), and homeowner credits.

Basically, the difference in the tax efforts of obama and the republicans is that the republicans rigged the system for the rich few, who then proceded to further extra trillions of dollers right out of the flow of the econamy. Obama, instead, focused on using the tax system to give breaks to the most effected, the middle class, and ACTUAL small buisnesses to stimulate growth, and help with savings in tough economic times.

What republicans do is say that if you help those who don't need help, magically, they will find it in their hearts to help everyone else (WHICH HAS NEVER HAPPENED).

What Obama is saying is that you have to build from the consumer out, what is basically known as 'Capitalisem'.

Republicans are obsessed with a non-existant system called the 'investor econamy'. there is no such thing. no matter what, investors are, when the system has not been corrupted (Romney corrupted it by cutting the econamy itself out of the equation, and creating a false, artificial system where no matter what, investors always get profits, even when companies are destroyed, and jobs are decimated).

in reality, true capitalisem is dependent solely upon one thing, consumers. When you create job, you create and expand the powers of the consumer to buy goods and services, which in turn creates the capital through which new jobs are created.

When you give money to the middle class and the small buisness class (real ones, not multinational coorporations making tens of billions and year+), you empower them to be able to then purchase goods and services. that feeds the system.

the wealthy who republicans think give a shit about job creation (they dont, because of the corrupting of the economic system means they can make money without effort or risk, which is the opposate of capitalisem), are not spending the tax cuts on job creation because it doesnt create nearly the returns they get from buying republicans, and telling them they need more tax cuts, otherwise, they cant survive.

We have a choice this fall: Romney, who is anti-capitalisem/pro-corruption... or Obama, who believes everyone should be involved in growth, not just the leechers at the top.

economic growth is strongest under democrats because they get it. Republicans don't.

10. stephenjack

***stimulus*** and i'm glad you asked...

1)Obama supports the Employee Free Choice Act, a bill that adds penalties for labor violations and which would circumvent the secret ballot requirement to organize a union.
    2)Obama increased and favors the increase of federal minimum wage. He also favored raising it to $9.50 an hour by 2011, and then indexing it for inflation afterwards.
    3)Obama passed and signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act to ensure women get equal pay for equal work
    4)Obama has proposed the American Opportunity Tax Credit, which would provide a refundable tax credit for education in exchange for community service...which gets more volunteers for community service(BONUS!)
    5)Invested in clean energy so future generations can BREATHE
    6)[in terms of housing] Obama voted for the $700 billion Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008. He introduced the Stop Fraud Act to increase penalties for mortgage fraud by mortgage brokers and real estate brokers and to provide more protections for low-income homebuyers. In regards to capital gains on house sales, Obama says he favors increasing capital gains tax above the present 15% rate to 20% for families whose income is above $250,000.
    7) Opposes the privatization of social security and voucherization of medicare.
    8) Passed and signed Dodd-Frank Act, so this whole economic meltdown won't happen again..........
    and these are just SOME of the economic reasons Obama is great! let's not forget social issues like GAY RIGHTS!(!)

---------- Post added 10th Oct 2012 at 03:23 PM ----------

oh haha i can see while I was typing someone else already answered the question...thanks Emberstone!