1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Scouts come out, rally around teen's Eagle Scout bid

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Dan82

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...e-out-rally-around-teens-eagle-scout-bid?lite

2. Flying Squirrel

I earned my rank of Eagle about four years ago... two years before I started coming out. Its odd to think that, had I come to terms with my sexuality earlier, I may not have been allowed to continue scouting. I understand their want for not having gay leaders... but for the reasons they give, it would seem that women should not be allowed to lead either.

To me, this really becomes personal when I start thinking about the future... my future family will not be able to participate in the opportunities that scouting has to offer. I would love for my future son to be a scout, but I will never be allowed to take part in any of it with him - which defeats the whole father/son relationship growing aspect of it.