1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never Forget: Matthew Shepard

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Romi, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Romi

I wanted to share this with everyone. It's sad. Maybe sad isn't even a deep enough word. I really don't think it is. Still, I wanted to share this with those who may not even be aware of who Matthew Shepard is. I know some of the younger members hear may have never heard of him. I know I was young myself when this happened. But it had a great impact on me then, and to this day those same feelings are there.

This kind of unjust tragedy still happens in this world every day. That's why we can never stop fighting for peace, even if it is just a silly dream in some people's eyes. No one should ever be victimized for being themselves. Never.

So I hope you'll all take a moment to honor his memory and then have the resolve to help change this world for the better.

2. Doctor Faustus

Taking a moment here, Romi.

Matthew Shepard: You didn't die in vain.

3. Pain

Pain Guest

Tonight, my university's GSA held a vigil for Matthew Shepard and others who have become victims of hate crimes. It was very moving... It's something that needs to stop. How many more people have to be attacked, hurt, abused, or dead for important action to take place? We should step up any time we see someone being victimized.

4. castle walls

Rest in Peace Matthew Shepard. I will never forget

5. IllusiveRannoch

*has moment of silent remembrance*

i cried inside when i read about him on huffpost recently. i'll keep him in mind.

6. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not only do we need to remember him, but also ALL the other people that went through horrendous things or got their life taken away from them in the name of hate that didn't get the publicity that he did.

7. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    RIP. We will never forget.