1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Marriage Could Turn Britain Into Nazi Germany, Lord Carey Tells Rally

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Dan82

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/10/08/gay-marriage-lord-carey-nazi-germany_n_1948250.html

2. TheUndiscovered

What? So I may have read this wrong but what I think I read is that they're thinking of getting gay marriage in the UK and some Christians think that if that happens the gay population will take over and rule with tyranny? I thought Europe was full of sensible people..

3. BudderMC

So, we're going to start violently herding and committing genocide on all Christians because they oppose gay marriage?

Damn, who knew we had all that power. Or that they were even scared of us to begin with.

I feel like the roles in this story should be reversed for accuracy's sake: LGBT people should be fearful of being "Jews in Nazi Germany" at the hands of the Christians, if anything.

QFT.

4. TheUndiscovered

What's QFT? lol

5. Ticklish Fish

it's quote for truth... one of those internet abbreviations...

Excuse me, but I think this statement would insult any living Jews who have experienced those kind of humiliation. Somebody slap him awake...

6. Gold Griffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It's sad that people actually believe that legalizing same sex marriage is equivalent to declaring war on religion.

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^This. It has always bothered me that some religious people have had the victim mentality when it comes to gay marriage. It's not going to effect them, so why should they care. There are other beliefs out there..ya know...

(I'm talking the "gay is sin" people... so I'm not talking about people on here)

8. RainDreamer

9. Ridiculous

The fact they have to come up with such absurd statements is a good sign for how well they are doing at convincing people to hate us.

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And with Carey's words uttered, the world made a collective facepalm.

11. Emberstone

the nazi's were taking their lead from the antisemitisem of the catholic church and the protestant reformers... the homophobes take their lead from the nazis, the catholic church, and the protestant churches, who all persecuted and to this day, still do persecute gay people.

So unless this douchebag is planning to start a genocide of the gays, which I wouldnt put ignorant, anti-history assfucks like him to do, britian should not worry about the rise of nazisem.

12. DryOasis

DryOasis Guest

This is quite funny, when I clicked on the post I thought this would be satirical from what I read in the title. Some of these anti-gay folks are really grasping now and its looking sadder and sadder.

13. Iamthewalrus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The word 'Lord' is the key word here. Most of the house of lords are very out of touch with modern day society, and all of this about there being substantial numbers of LGBT people who are actively opposed to gay marriage because they think it is dividing the country - where are these people? I've known people who are indifferent to the plans because they themselves don't want to get married, but I have never met a gay person who would actively campaign against marriage equality. I hope that this protest doesn't have any lasting effects because I would love to get married and I think it'll happen sooner in the UK than it will where I'm living now, a civil partnership just isn't the same - it sounds like a business transaction!

I also think that the very idea that gay marriage could cause persecution as happened during the holocaust is absurd, insulting and should hopefully persuade most normal people to ignore this person and his ramblings.

#13 Iamthewalrus, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  14. Caoimhe Fayre

why is it that so many Christians think, if their Church is not in total control of the government as if we were in some kind of theocracy, that they are being persecuted?

it just baffles my mind. the Church does not have any right to control the government, or to prevent other religions from being able to legally marry whoever they want to, or to prevent people who don't subscribe to their religion from being able to do whatever they want to.

15. Doctor Faustus

16. But Hitler killed homosexuals....

17. Before someone compares Homosexuals and other groups of people unlike them to Nazis they should probably think a little bit more about the negatives effects the holocaust had on humanity.

18. CTJ

CTJ

Wow, Lord Carey proving Godwins Law somewhat.

19. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If anything, wouldn't it make Britain more like Weimar Germany?