1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsurprisingly, HPV Vaccination Does Not Lead to Promiscuity

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Pret Allez, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Obligatory safe space disclaimer: although it is not true that most conservatives hate sex, it is true that most people who hate sex are conservatives.

Culp-Ressler, Tara. "New Study Debunks Conservative Hysteria That HPV Vaccination Causes ‘Sexual Promiscuity.’" Think Progress.

I just got my HPV vaccine a little over a month ago as part of my safer sex vaccinations. By doing so, I make myself and others safer. I find it evil that these conservatives don't want people to get this vaccination because it will make them feel safer to have sex for fun, and therefore more likely to do so. I look forward to a day when expressing this kind of an attitude gets a person fired, ostracized and professionally ruined.

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah.. I've heard people that say that they think that this shot is bad and that I should not get it because it would make me want to have sex more.The only reason that I am not getting it is because I'm possibly allergic to the shot.. I have to have some testing to make sure that I don't have a bad reaction. (I've had reactions to ALL the common shots..)

3. Silver Sparrow

I don't get many shots because my family often has bad reactions to them. I get the ones you have to for school, but that's it.

4. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    amazing.

Thinking about buying it myself. I was recently involved with a girl who broke down and cried as things started getting physical, and proceeded to tell me she had a bad strain of wart-causing HPV. I was glad she told me, but it made me wonder how many people out there wouldn't bother to mention it.

still, $400!!! Yikes.

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Huh? According to my explanation of benefits, my Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, and HPV came to $274, only $27 of which I was responsible for out of pocket.

Even without health insurance, you shouldn't have to pay that much!

6. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I looked into it, and as a male it was going to cost me about $400, the government won't pay for it at all. If i were a young woman it would be free. It's a nonsense policy imo, both genders should have it free from a young age. Rectal and anal cancers are no less sobering than cervical cancer.

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Precisely, which is why I wanted to get it. That, and avoiding the whole warts thing. One thing they often do in the medical profession, which on a certain level I understand, but it still feels unfair, is that they decide to give financial assistance only to at risk groups. So for example, I was able to get a 99.7% confidence HIV test for free (instead of $60) because I'm queer, but if I were straight, I'd have to pay.

8. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thankfully there are government funded free clinics here which will test you anonymously for HIV, gonorrhoea, syphilis and other serious STD's free of charge. Unfortunately they don't test for non life-threatening diseases like HSV or HPV, which one has to pay to get tested for. It cost me $30 to get an HSV test.

I also get a report every time i give blood, of course.

9. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They let you give blood?

10. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They let any man who has not sexual contact with another man for the last 12 months donate.