1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Billy Graham Bought a Whole Page in the Wall Street Journal to Tell You What He Think

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Dan82

2. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Billy Graham Bought a Whole Page in the Wall Street Journal to Tell You What He T

What a gross looking/acting person.

3. Jonah 4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Re: Billy Graham Bought a Whole Page in the Wall Street Journal to Tell You What He T

Wouldn't be surprised if it was his son that put that ad in his father's names. Franklin Graham has been accused of manipulating his elderly father before.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I don't remember Billy Graham being that blatant in past elections. While conservative, he's always been a man of integrity and tried to stay out of the political front.

The other shady thing is that Mormons were listed as "a cult" on Graham's website... but magically, after his meeting with Romney, that designation was removed. I wonder what was said that made that happen?

5. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

My gosh, seeing that in full-page size is truly frightening...ugly on the inside and out....

Graham has always been a shrewd politician and businessman who knows how to keep his mouth shut in public, but he really has always been a vicious right-wing hatemonger. Remember numerous tapes have come out now of secret conversations between Billy Graham and former President Richard Nixon about how Jews are a "synagogue of Satan" who were in conspiracy to take over the media and destroy the Christian Church. The real ugly truth about what someone believes always comes out when they're behind closed doors and think no one is listening.

But I guess at 94, Graham is no longer worried about preserving his image and is becoming another outspoken hateful theocrat ala Falwell and Robertson.

Billy Graham already started getting shamelessly political when he came out of his retirement at his age just to strongly endorse the anti-gay marriage (and civil union) amendment passed in his home state of North Carolina this year.

6. Vesper

Clearly, this is a man who's desperate because he cannot accept that over his lifetime, this country has changed drastically and moved away from his vision of what America ought to be. He, and like minded people, think that this country needs to be "saved" from corrupting forces (gay marriage, abortion, birth control, separation of church and state, etc.) that are destroying its "moral fiber", when in reality, it's his ilk that this country needs to be protected against.

7. Jonah 4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Heres some of the accusations flying about. More than one side to the story of course, but I grew up on Billy Graham. These past few years have been downright strange to me.

Did Billy Graham really back Chick-fil-A?

8. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Billy Graham was caught on tape as a much younger man in the 1970s calling Jews "the synagogue of Satan" and claiming they were controlling the media to destroy Christian values. It really shouldn't be that surprising that he holds bigoted views against LGBTQ people too. The idea that he's just a helpless old man now whose son is forcing his own views upon him unfortunately seems like wishful thinking from people who grew up with the image of Billy Graham as a politically-neutral and positive, uniting figure.

9. Zontar

Billy Graham needs to stop getting his hair done by Ben Franklin's guy.

10. Jonah 4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Its possible he really does hold those prejudiced opinions. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree afterall. Its just that this is new behavior for him.

I have always appreciated that he stuck to messages that would mean something in public,. He always avoided the topics that would cause more divide than progress. Didn't mean he didn't still hold prejudiced opinions against LGBT, but he was wise enough to not speak about them. I prefer that over people that blast "Love the sinner but hate the sin" 24/7. But now thats all changed.

#10 Jonah 4, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  11. darlig ulv

Ouch, as a Jewish person, I do not want him advocating for my Homeland.