1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Romney Campaign Clarifies, Still Supports Federal Marriage Amendment

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Dan82

http://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidner/romney-campaign-backs-off-federal-marraige-amendme

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So he believes in the Tenth Amendement. Except for when he doesn't. And he believes in the Fourteenth Amendment like, not ever. And this is the guy who millions of Americans will vote for?

3. SkyDiver

I hope this moron is deposited into the historical dustbin of shame.

His entire family pisses me off immensely. If he wins, I hope shit goes down.

4. spirithawk

spirithawk Guest

So much for separation of church and state. I hate religious conservatives in office.

5. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

This has been Romney's dishonest MO throughout the election season. When the cameras are rolling, tell your audience what you think they want to hear to make yourself sound more moderate and reasonable. Then have the campaign quietly issue a retraction the next day that you misspoke and that wasn't what you meant to say, knowing that most of the original audience will go away still thinking that's your position.

6. Mogget

Pretty much, yeah. Very annoying, makes it almost impossible for Obama to debate him.

7. PerfectInsanity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If Romney is elected and these amendments against us go into place, how is Canada for gays? Is gay marriage (or civil unions) legal there? That would suck to have to move to another country, but if shit got even more oppressive for gays in the U.S. I think I would either have to move or go postal on these motherfuckers.

8. Emberstone

so far, it seems that every day, the Romney campaigns starts sending out corrections for everything Romney said the day before.

Basically, he goes moderate infront of the camaras to trick independents, then the next day, the campaign quietly says "oh, that is not what he meant, he still holds to his original, conservative positions" to placate the conservatives.

We call it talking out both sides of your anus.

9. Praetor

PerfectInsanity: The "debate" was settled years ago. Gay marriage has been legal for years, and it is guaranteed by our rights that LGBTs won't be discriminated against. Generally religion doesn't play as important a role in Canadian politics as American politics.

Romney is such a flip flop. Just putting all my disagreements with the Republicans aside, the man himself I have serious problems with. He has seemingly no solid stance on any issue. When asked about what "loopholes and deductions" he carefully avoids saying which ones, for example. I hate to sound cynical but he really is one of those types who will say whatever gets them to power.

10. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I'm very thankful for the Romney campaign's constant inconsistancies. Just hope that they will lose him enough support among voters to derail his chances of getting into office

11. madi

my feelings also....just keep making yourself look bad Romney lol....Maybe it will help Obama win haha.

12. alwayshope11

Makes me sick...make sure everyone votes so he doesn't win!

13. spirithawk

spirithawk Guest

This has been the worst election for me personally, as I can't bring myself to vote for either candidate. Though, I think I've finally settled for Obama's tanked economy over Romney's Mormon social agenda.

If he's elected though, I doubt he has enough momentum in the House or Senate to get an amendment passed. Even if he does, I hope there's enough states that would vote against it.

14. spectrumsigner

Good thing Obamacare covers pre-existing conditions like Romnesia.

Also, if this dingleberry gets elected, Canada will not be far enough away for me. I wonder if they have marriage equality on Neptune. That might be far enough away from Mittens.

15. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A Federal Marriage Amendment will never pass. It takes too much to happen and enough people have moved away from that idea. If it couldn't happen when Bush was in office it'll never happen now. So for him to even discuss it is purely to appeal to his pro-discrimination base who probably think he can put it into the Constitution himself.

President Obama has done more for GLBT rights than all previous Presidents combined and Romney will repeal everything he can. Maybe the biggest reason to vote for Obama is the Supreme Court. Do you want Romney appointing justices? Think of what that could mean for our struggle toward equality? Just like other minorities we need the judicial system to stand up for equality since some states will never treat us equally unless forced.

Regarding Obama and the economy, get real. No matter what a candidate says during a campaign, it must be understood that those are his ideas on what he wants to happen if he's elected. The President doesn't make laws, he needs congress to do that so he can sign them. Even with Democrat majority in congress for two years the Senate never had a 2/3 majority so the GOP stopped everything they could. Honestly, I don't think any President has much power to improve the economy or change gas prices no matter how much they'd like to. The world economy impacts the US and companies could hire more people considering their record profits and the stock market isn't too far from its all-time high. I think corporate American greed is the reason jobs are still lacking. They're no doubt holding out in hopes of helping Romney get elected so he can help them make even more money.

16. Mykayla

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Whenever I hear/see this guy's name, I always have the image of him in an airplane, opening his window, and being sucked out.

17. Lark

Lark Guest

You actually made me laugh out loud just now.

I don't even live in America, but I've been following election news like a craycray. If Mittens gets elected, you guys should move to England. He insulted our Olympics, so you should be safe here!

18. Emberstone

Obama is still maintaining a firm grip on the electoral college.

Romney botched foreign policy in the most recent debate, and I suspect obama will easily talk circles around him tommarow.

The only way Romney could win was if the docuemnted republican election fraud and supression got him flordia, ohio, and pennsylvana, and so far, ohio and pennsylvana are looking to be obama's state.

19. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    mittens is never gonna win the election tho, there's just not enough straight white cis male republicans to balance out all of the women/LGBT people/not white people who'll vote for Obama just b/c mittens doesn't care abt them/actively hates them

20. Emberstone

he has run many times for various post, but only ever won one, and he walked away from the governership in 2006 to run for the whitehouse in 2008, and those two years did not cool the anger most citizens of Mass felt for him.

He is gushing how he has a bi-partisan records, but he doesnt; he did nearly 800 vetos, and most all of them were overturned by the legislature.