1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Republican candidate anticipates a few GOP 'knuckleheads' in Congress

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Dan82

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...nticipates-a-few-gop-knuckleheads-in-congress

2. Doctor Faustus

Sure, he might agree with Democrats that DOMA is "unconstitutional," but will the rest of the Republicans dig their heads out of the sand they've been burying themselves in?

I for one am somewhat sceptical.

3. TheUndiscovered

I agree with Faustus. I don't think he'll make it in, Republicans (most of them, it's their general message anyway) is to get rid of the "gay agenda". I highly doubt he will make it in and if he does it might not be the best experience for the man. However, if he is voted in and the majority has open arms then I think that would change a lot of people's stance on the Republican party...I highly doubt that would happen, though.

4. Mogget

It's my opinion that most of the upper echelons of the GOP are fine with gay people, they're just willing to throw us under the bus to score votes. So you can probably be gay and rub shoulders with them, just don't expect them not to turn around and vote for a constitutional amendment against same-sex marriage.