1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Democrat in Alabama uses Facebook to imply GOP congressional opponent is gay

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Dan82

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2012/10/democrat_in_alabama_uses_faceb.html

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    While I agree with outing anti-gay politicians as long as the allegations are true, I find it completely sickening that he pimps his heterosexuality as a reason to vote for him. This isn't even the right way to out an anti-gay politician. When you do this, you have to do it in a way that still supports the queer cause. Instead, he's being ambiguous. I'm not sure if he's trying to point out that his opponent is a hypocrite or if he's just trying to draw attention to his opponent's sexuality as a means of undermining him.

Whatever the case may be, it stinks like a heterosexist outing to me, not like something that advances us as a community.

3. Ticklish Fish

And he's implying the hypocrite homo politician is bad now?.... still homophobia to me!

4. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    why is his sexuality an issue here? like seriously, what difference does it make?