1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sane-Sex Marriage in Washington State <3

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by madi, Oct 21, 2012.

1. madi

I am both excited and nervous about my potential future in my home state at the moment. I am not yet old enough to vote, but I am encouraging all the registered voters I am out to, to vote in favor of same-sex marriage.
    For those of you who don't know, Washington state is currently voting on Referendum 74. At the moment Washington has domestic partnerships, but not same-sex marriage. If R-74 is approved this would mean that in 2014 all domestic partnerships would become marriages, with all of the same legal rights as any other marriage. Unless of course the people in the domestic partnership choose to dissolve it.
    For any of you in Washington old enough please please please vote. If you vote for nothing else at least vote for this. For those of you in other states voting on same-sex marriage, I wish you luck. For those of you in states not yet voting on or allowing same-sex marriage I hope for you this day comes very soon.

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Isn't it also true that if the referendum is defeated, that would mean the end of same-sex unions in the state? I really, really hope you can keep it, because I plan to move out there in about five years.

(*hug*)

3. madi

From my understanding there would still be domestic partnerships if it is not approved, but no marriage because that is how it is currently. This is better than nothing I suppose, but with a domestic partnership there are far fewer legal rights that the partners have than they would in a marriage.

4. Caudex

Caudex Guest

I like how you said, "Sane-sex." You can only marry people that do not become insane upon orgasm.

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    O gosh, I didn't even notice that. Kind of funny, but potentially offensive (although I am certain it was a mistype). Perhaps a moderator could change the title?

Unfortunately, here in Montana, we have nothing to vote on, since we already got banned some years back. However, we are looking at a non-discrimination ordinance, but that's in the city council, so we have nothing to vote on there either. :frowning2:

6. madi

yeah it was a very unfortunate typo...was very awkward when I noticed. I am so sorry your own state will not be voting on the issues, but I'm sure in time it will be legal in all the states. Polls are looking better and better and have improved drastically over the past 10 years in favor of legalizing same-sex marriage. a non-discrimination ordinance is absolutely essential in my opinion so I really hope that becomes a reality for you guys....I was amazed that in a large number of states gays can be refused service....That is just sad and unacceptable.