1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Romney rejected new birth certificates for gay parents

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Dan82

http://bostonglobe.com/news/politic...gay-parents/TqOHBb99V98H6nGQqUQrjO/story.html

2. rg93

BREAKING NEWS, everyone! Romney is being a d*ck again. :rolle:

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, this is actually pretty important other than it just being yet another Romney is evil thread. Although those threads should be entered daily until he hopefully loses the election, there's more here.

One of the things that that the president-elect swears to the Chief Justice to do is "faithfully execute the laws."

Buried in this article is a contention that what Romney was ordering be done with the records actually violated statutes; in effect, that he put his personal views above the law.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree.

Romney has seemed contemptuous of everyone and everything that disagrees with his beliefs. More so than the last two Republican candidates, who were generally affable and respectful people.

Romney's attitude of entitlement seems to extend to everything he's involved in, so I could totally see him doing this sort of thing simply because he feels that he can.

Glad this sort of stuff is dribbling out now as I hope it will make a bit of a difference in the undecided, women, and minority voters that are typically in the middle of the spectrum.

5. Vesper

At least on the issue of gay rights, Romney seems to have a core conviction (despite claiming to be to the left of Ted Kennedy on gay rights at one point to appeal to the Massachusetts voters): that he opposes gay marriage and gay parenting.

6. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Anything thing to hate Romney for, like I needed another reason to hate this man, I'm having a hard time keeping my mouth shut when I see my friends on Facebook say they are voting for him or they like his page,and it's not just the gay issue, which I do believe is a very serious concern but his whole rob the poor to feed the rich agenda makes me sick and I cant even think of why anyone would vote for a guy like that and think that will help the economy, I'm almost convinced he has some chemical brainwash that oozes out of his mouth because to me no sane person could think this man is the right person to run our county .

7. CalebCael

Oh my god, I wish I could vote so this guy would have just a little less chance of winning. He disgusts me in everything he does.