1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terrorism charges filed in Family Research Council shooting

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Dan82

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...research-council-shooter-charged-as-terrorist

2. dano22

dano22 Guest

Regardless of how hateful this organization is nothing justifies crimes like this. Hate can go both ways.

3. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    What happened to just murder ? how is this a terrorist attack ?!? Gay people get killed and beat up all the time and it's just murder or whatever some one shoots a anti gay bigot and it's the end of the world and a terrorist attack, I call bull shit.

4. Emberstone

not disputing the ruling, which I support, but watch the terrorists of the fundementalist christian use this for years to come as a smokescreen.

That organization has been fueling the hatred that leads to gays being beaten and killed for decades.

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's being called a terrorist attack because it was politically motivated.

I can understand the anger, and I do truly believe in the bottom of my heart that political violence over queer rights may at some point become appropriate, but we are not even near to that point. In fact, we're happily moving away from it (although not nearly fast enough). We'd have to be at the point Fred Phelps wants us at, which is where we're in danger of demicide. But at that point, there would also be questions of state legitimacy.

#5 Pret Allez, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012