1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Republicans: Be Honest.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Linthras, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Powerful message about LGBT issues in the upcomming elections

A to-the-point message:

Attached Files:

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Powerful message about LGBT issues in the upcomming elections

I love it.

3. spectrumsigner

- Pulitzer and Tony winning playwright Doug Wright, in a message now going viral on Facebook.

[​IMG]

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, that's pretty much exactly it.

5. CalebCael

Sounds about right yeah.

6. Zontar

Doesn't matter, really. Gay rights aren't the hot-button issue for these kinds of voters. My hot button issue isn't even gay rights. For some, the economy is more important, and Romney is better than Obama on this issue, though that's not saying much.

7. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

It isn't about gay rights. It's about human rights. Mitt Romney doesn't believe in them.

And yes, the economy is important. Which is yet another reason to make sure Romney doesn't get into the White House and completely crash the U.S. economy again.

8. Mukatsukun

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Being considered a second-class citizen isn't a "hot button issue"?

I do agree that the economy is something that affects everybody and should be focused on more efficiently, but gay rights definitely aren't something that should just be continuously pushed back because there's always going to be some issue that's "more important," depending on who you're asking.

Giving Obama a second chance seems less painful than watching Romney take power and potentially setting us back.

9. Emberstone

how so. Obama led the country into the creation of 5 and a half million jobs, and Romney led the charge in outsourcing american jobs to china.

why the hell did we give obama 4 years to fix the messup bush created in 8, and we should be expected to election Romney, who says he will fix the econamy in 8-10 years, when his record is actually one of economic and job destruction.

Private Equity only exists to do one thing, buy companies, and harvest them (Romney's own words). That is not how to fix econamies, it is a major contributing factor in the destruction of our econamy. it is the act of extracting wealth at the expense of jobs, all so that a few lazy buttholes can sit on their ass, move money around, and get risk-free profit.

True capitalisem come with risk. Romeny ran nothing more than a technically legal pyramid scam.

10. Linthras

Linthras Guest

11. IllusiveRannoch

Re: Powerful message about LGBT issues in the upcomming elections

ha. blunt, but well said. I voted today btw. very happy to do so.

12. dano22

dano22 Guest

Thanks for posting this. I always respected people who voted republican but still supported gay rights and I still do but this really changed my perspective on this. In all reality when it comes to politics a lot of people tend to care about themselves and their own issues instead of caring about their neighbors problems.

13. sguyc

I think people just like to feel big by guilt tripping others. Finding people to attack makes them feel better about themselves.

14. Mukatsukun

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You forgot your point.

15. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Even if that was his original motivation, the point he makes still stands.

16. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't understand what you're talking about.

17. Danielle

Danielle Guest

I don't see your point at all.

Voting for Mitt Romney does not make you homophobic unless you are voting for him because of his stance on gay rights.

Why would someone who agrees with Mitt Romney on every other issue than gay rights vote for Obama just because he is stronger in that area.

It is useless to get personally offended everytime someone votes for a candidate who doesn't have the best track record on gay rights.

18. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm mad at my friends voting for Romney it's not the gay issue although I agree that's a huge issue and don't need Romney for that I'm more pissed that all my friends seem to think voting for Romney will fix the economy , which is so insane Im thinking they are being controlled because what sane person votes for a person who wants to rob the poor and middle class to feed the rich, and one who thinks half the country just need to take responsibility for their lives , mr. Silverspoon has never been laid off or been kicked out of the room he was renting to make room for the landlords family who Also got laid off and lost their home, people on unemployment and welfare are not all lazy tv watching beer drinking idiots who want to sit around, most of us worked our ass off everyday to find work any kind of work and we can't get anything so to tell me that pisses me off! the rich just think we are lazy they know nothing of how hard we work and they don't care, this is why a vote for Romney is a vote to put thousands of people on the streets./ end rant

19. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Mittens is better on the economy than Obama? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

20. Danielle

Danielle Guest

I agree with you but Obama isn't much better.

They both are from the same economic ideology. Obama is slightly to the left which makes him a little bit better.

Bernie Sanders is the only person who currently has any power in the US that I would consider voting for.(if I was American)