1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jackson Heights Black, Hispanic LGBTs more fearful than straights in stop & frisks

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Dan82

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...bts-article-1.1192631?localLinksEnabled=false

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Jackson Heights Black, Hispanic LGBTs more fearful than straights in stop & frisk

What, there's an intersection between race and heterosexism/cissexism? No way.

3. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Re: Jackson Heights Black, Hispanic LGBTs more fearful than straights in stop & frisk

Notice how it says "only a third of straight respondents said the same"?

ONLY a third? That's supposed to be low? I'm astounded. Of course the LGBT harassment is disgusting, but these cops should not be abusing anyone in any case other than self defence. Innocent until proven guilty and they shouldn't have a license to attack just because they wear a uniform. The police (and I'm not talking about them as a single body, I'm referring to individuals here) responsible should be punished and made an example of if they are caught to use as a deterrent for other dirty cops.